HP gains with these mods on a stock B16?

delano777

5+ Year Member
WHat Kind of gains am I looking at with these mods on a B16A.

Skunk2 intake manifold

Skunk2 stage 1 cams

Intake (any carb approved)

Greddy 4-2-1 header

I chose all of these part because they are all CARB approved. anyone running a set up like this?

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have CTR cams, Skunk 2 manifold, 4-1 Header, Exhaust and new spark plugs with a tune on a VAFC i gained 14 more whp and thats about all i'm gonna get with the vafc...i now have additionally cam gears and Hondata IM gasket....but not tuned...probly wouldn't be worth the money for the tune....so i'm going with hondata...i'd say you might get 7-10 whp but thats just my guess...i dunno...what are you tuning with...

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not much, Id keep your OEM stuff until you decide to make some big power.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd say ditch the IM, intake, and header and get a stage 2 cams instead of stage 1. Then get adjustable cam gears and valvetrain and a nice tune. That should give you a nice boost in power.

But if you plan on turbo'ing, I wouldn't waste the money.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you upgrade to stage2 cams get the upgraded valvetrain.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd say ditch the IM, intake, and header and get a stage 2 cams instead of stage 1. Then get adjustable cam gears and valvetrain and a nice tune. That should give you a nice boost in power.

But if you plan on turbo'ing, I wouldn't waste the money.
? why ditch all that s**t, stage 2 cams are only like $20-$50 more then stage 1 on average.... plus with stage 2 you're going to need more airflow in and out of the engine, or you've just wasted that money.

Deathcab

5+ Year Member
? why ditch all that s**t, stage 2 cams are only like $20-$50 more then stage 1 on average.... plus with stage 2 you're going to need more airflow in and out of the engine, or you've just wasted that money.
Because you need new spings and retainers. Thats why he said stage 2 cams AND valverain.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
unless your going to build the whole thing NA, your wasting your money