HUGE 1/4 mile difference

giza556

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My friend drives a 99 Civic EX(I/H/E), he recently had his car converted from an automatic to a manual. When he went to the track in his auto, he ran a 17.41(SLOW). After the conversion, he ran a 15.67, thats a HUGE difference. Is that normal for Hondas autos to run THAT slow?? I knew manuals were faster, but not enough to take that much time off.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a 15.67 in a 99EX!? that sounds a little too quick with just the basics.. but yes, autos drain power like a b***h..

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15.67 w/ i/h/e on a y8....i'm calling a bluff on that one....whos next

*EDIT*lol damn i was first when i opened the thread and by the time i got to actually posting i was already beat by 2 ppl to it:(

either way.....i'm pulling it........ :bs: :bs: :bs:

giza556

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I,H,E were just his bolt-ons...my bad. He had a short shifter, ACT clutch, and lightened flywheel put on with the conversion, don't know if that makes anything clearer or not....

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clutch/flywheel with i/h/e............ehh post the pic of his slip................

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
clutch/flywheel with i/h/e............ehh post the pic of his slip................

:werd: post up the slip...15.7 is more like and Si time slip

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
giza556 said:
My friend drives a 99 Civic EX(I/H/E), he recently had his car converted from an automatic to a manual. When he went to the track in his auto, he ran a 17.41(SLOW). After the conversion, he ran a 15.67, thats a HUGE difference. Is that normal for Hondas autos to run THAT slow?? I knew manuals were faster, but not enough to take that much time off.
i think you mean 16.67...

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe if that Y8 was in a light 5th gen it would

giza556

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i don't have his slip, he prob does tho, but i dunno why I would lie? It's not like im gaining anyhting out of it, its not even my car, I could care less what he ran, I just thought it was interesting on how much he improved his time...but ill try to get his slips

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you physically witness him run this 15.67? or did your friend tell you he ran a 15.67?

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
92 4DoorSleeper said:
maybe if that Y8 was in a light 5th gen it would

this is true...there is a guy that used to hang out in the Nor Cal section, he was from Sacramento and he had a 5th gen civic ex with I H E and a stripped rear interior and he ran 15.6 in it...he was a hell of a driver...so COULD be possible...but I still wanna see a slip

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not doubting you, I dont see why you would lie about someone elses car

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car was a mid 15 sec car when I had the Y8 in it, But of course 15sec is pretty slow anyways

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that sounds right, assuming he is a very good driver.

Pu5siPoppr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I call a bluff on this. I had a crx si which ran a 16.6 with exhaust, intake, and street tires and I beat a manual civic ex with an intake.

What mods are on this car?

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pu5siPoppr said:
I call a bluff on this. I had a crx si which ran a 16.6 with exhaust, intake, and street tires and I beat a manual civic ex with an intake.

What mods are on this car?
They are listed in this thread sir.........

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RaYrAy said:
i think you mean 16.67...
my car went faster than that bone stock.. 98 EX... they are NOT fast cars by any standard... but a 98 EX will/can run mid 16's stock.... and if you REALLY need the slip i have it some where.. that was the ONLY two times i went to the track (when i first got the car).. but even besides that.. showing a slip doesn't mean anything.. i could show you a 9 second slip.. but that doesn't mean i ran it..