Hybrid owners, gas mileage with wheels

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Anyone with a Hybrid who has changed wheels or anyone who has had Hybrid wheels and any other wheels:

Could you please tell me how your gas mileage changed, if it did at all, with changing the wheels?

I've heard that gas mileage can drop by changing wheels (because of the design, not just the weight or size), but I'd like to see some owners tell me for sure.

Also, what size wheels did you use besides the Hybrid wheels?

TIA

Also posted on Honda-Tech. I had it's own thread, but a mod moved it to this old thread that it's not totally related to since I don't care about the gas mileage of a seventh gen, but rather the differences in gas mileage with versus without these certain wheels.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1875815&page=9

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from what ive seen/ read. a wheel with a closed design like the hybrid wheels are more aerodynamic and give better gas milage. there was a guy who posted about gassavers.org

some of the cars on there are flat out rediculous! but....they are saving gas.

like this guy..http://www.gassavers.org/garage/view/40
you wouldnt catch me dead driving this....but hey....if you are saving money...more power to you.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That guy isn't saving any gas! I actually beleive he is loosing mileage!

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i wonder how heavy that is?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
from what ive seen/ read. a wheel with a closed design like the hybrid wheels are more aerodynamic and give better gas milage. there was a guy who posted about gassavers.org

some of the cars on there are flat out rediculous! but....they are saving gas.
That's what I heard before.

If you can find the guy who was talking about the wheels on gassavers or anywhere else, I'd appreciate the link.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this was a while back....its prolly buried in millions of posts