Hydro lock :(:(:(

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well not so funny earlyer in the week I was talking about getting a cover for my CAI. Now living in the northeat I bet everyone read the news that it's flooding everywhere. Out of no where they clsed the bridges, and evacuated part of a very large city (wilkes-barre). I live out in the country, so I wasn't really worried. I was heading home and all the highways were covered with about 1/2ft of water, or more. So I started heading for higher ground, bad choice!!! It was basicly a whole creek, the road that is. My car just stopped running. I screamed f**k! So I not here I am stuck my car is giving away to water and starting to go down the road, and I call my buddy with his lifted S10. pull me out to where there is no water and we inspect the car. I did not turn it over just because I don't want to throw a rod or anything if I havn't already. If the engine is gone f**k. Just for a description the water was up to my waste by th time i got out of the car.

What steps should I take tomorrow morning when going to grab it. to try to get it running?

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
matt aka blahman240 and I went down to fix it. An it wont even try to turn over. He said it seems like the starter went. Any Ideas on how to get it going?

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If its hydrolocked, it will try and krank over, but wont light. If it is truely hydro locked, you can force it to start up, get a good charger for your battery and a new starter for the one your ganna destroy getting it to start, lol. Sadly thats how I saved mine with I screwed up the splash gaurd when installing my intake. I have to make it short ram every time it rains, which here in the south is every day after 4 pm, lol

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea he said it's probably the starter. We had a pretty brand new CRV jumping it but it wouldnt even try to turn over.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
trust me bro im right there with ya with all the rain. so you said the water took your car down the road? how did yall manage to get it back? sorry to hear about what happened.. good luck

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
took it like 10ft. then my buddy in a huge truck pulled me out. I need to get it out of there before some kids break into it

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn dude that sucks! did any water get into the inside of the car?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DAF said:
If its hydrolocked, it will try and krank over, but wont light.
Yea thats what I thought, it seems like the starter gear isn't even engaging.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nah not really. I just need to get it out of there asap. Any ideas?

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
there was nothing i could really do. I was gonna pull over and take off the lower part of the cai and run without a filter since the pipe sizes arnt the same. I wish I did that now. But I didnt want to get hit. Plus all the water was coming and s**t

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if water doesn't find it's way into the cylinder yourll find. i have seen cars go throught about 3 feet of water get stuck and the next day was able to turn the key and start(once the water gone down). alot of time it's just water in the exhuast pipe which pervent it from crankign over. make sure your ecu is ok and wiring. from your story i am nto sure if water got into the engine.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
xdr3amx said:
if water doesn't find it's way into the cylinder yourll find. i have seen cars go throught about 3 feet of water get stuck and the next day was able to turn the key and start(once the water gone down). alot of time it's just water in the exhuast pipe which pervent it from crankign over. make sure your ecu is ok and wiring. from your story i am nto sure if water got into the engine.
I hope thats the case. I got no money lol. I got tons of parts laying around tho I can sell

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the only way you'll truely know is if you take off the head and inspect everything. when my bros del slow locked up we took out the spark plugs and turned it over to shoot the water out of the cylinders. it worked, but i dont remember if we tore down the block after spurting the water out.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got told water could have gotten into my dizzy and thats why it wont turn over. But that doesn't make sence to me when it should spurt water when the plugs are out?

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dan, I have no advice for ya cos I have no idea, but I just came back from the poconos yesterday and jesus the F'n rain is ridiculous. We were there 2 days and i dont think it stopped raining for more than 20 mins! Get that s**t towed back to your house before someone f**ks with it!!

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
99siTUNER said:
dan, I have no advice for ya cos I have no idea, but I just came back from the poconos yesterday and jesus the F'n rain is ridiculous. We were there 2 days and i dont think it stopped raining for more than 20 mins! Get that s**t towed back to your house before someone f**ks with it!!
yea I am meeting triple A in a hour.

Went to there i got trapped yesterday. Now look at the road

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i14/CNSVT04/IMG_0322.jpg

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just a little update for dan.

he got it running by removing the intake manifold and getting some water out. Although he said it sounds like a diesel truck. Lets hope after the excess water burns off its back to normal.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
Just a little update for dan.

he got it running by removing the intake manifold and getting some water out. Although he said it sounds like a diesel truck. Lets hope after the excess water burns off its back to normal.

thanks matt, and also found out why it's running like a diesel lol. I got 3 bent valves. So here I come vtec!

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dank24 said:
I got told water could have gotten into my dizzy and thats why it wont turn over. But that doesn't make sence to me when it should spurt water when the plugs are out?
the pistons moving up and down will force the water out through the spark plug holes.