HydroPlane like a b***h...

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car hydroplanes like a mofo in the rain... around 50-60 mph, if i hit the slightest wet patch, not even real puddles... its fuggin sketchy. I have a decent set of Kuhmo exsta 711's (195-50-15) and they have a good rain rating... Do you think it might be my suspension, or ride hight, or something. My camber is straight, and I just got an alignment last week.

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mine was the same way , but all i needed was a new set of tires now im all good

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for now... thats where im laying the blame.

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The same s**t happen to me before I droped my car.. Almost got into in accident.. I lost control and everything for like 5 secs did a 360 and got the car going stright again.. i would say your riding too hight Drop it ! :thumbs up:

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i lost control when i pulld the ebrake up and the button got stuck and i went for a ride...

jameson1686

forever a post whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get some blizzaks ws50's they will handle like no other
or the wd-3's are for the lo pro. rims

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Svr_Civic said:
i lost control when i pulld the ebrake up and the button got stuck and i went for a ride...
why would you pull up the ebrakewhile driving??

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mabye he he had an "E"mergency... haha... get it... haha

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's your tires. my tires are absolute garbage in the rain

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was doin 20 on my driveway and it was wet and it was one of those impulse things..im 17 and when i get an impulse it just happens.... fun, wouldnt of have been if i hit the mail box haha

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what size rims do u have?? and how bad are your tires.. i know i had some 14's and my car would loose control in the rain.. i remember i slambed on my brakes to hard the fronts locked up and the whole car swung around, the tires were no good either..

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its def gotta be your tires. cause when i got my rims on it is better than when i have my steelies on. they are still performance tires but they stick so well in the rain too. and they are supposidly not even that great of tires.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much tread you got left?? thats a big factor

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got 195-50-15's with about 60 percent tread...

ikillradio

are you sure 60%? that dosent sound right. It has to be the tires. That is close to a stock size and you should not be hydroplaning

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ that does sound wrong. can you grab a ruler and measure how much tread you have?
also how;s the suspension? is it all working or is the car bouncy or has some sort problem? let off the gas when you hit puddles and don;t over correct just because the car isn;t turning.

i never had any problems with my azenis and those are not exactly rain tires. drove back in a hellish rain storm once where everyone was going like 40 since you could see like 30 feet in front of you. i was going bout 80 ish.

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since were talking about traction, but buddy with his bald ass tires, went 40 into a steel mail box and it shot the engine through the hood...he wanted to show me that he could do tricks in the snow in his new car. Soo sorry for the brand new Volvo

Grendel

Banned
YoungKadafi said:
since were talking about traction, but buddy with his bald ass tires, went 40 into a steel mail box and it shot the engine through the hood...he wanted to show me that he could do tricks in the snow in his new car. Soo sorry for the brand new Volvo
AH SOOO SORRRRY

that you posted.

I would check your tread wear again sounds like your tires are trashed if you hyrdoplane like that.