i <3 power steering?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i finished my swap about a month ago but the power steering stayed out because the ls power steering didnt fit my stock hose..so i was wondering which pump would work..i tried a b16a one and it doesnt fit right either..the ls one doesnt fit..what one do i need

car had a single hx motor in it and swapped for a ls motor

thanks

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Was it a B16a2 pump you tried? OBD2 D series and 99-00 Sis have the same pump setup. OBD1 D series and all 94-01 Integras have the same pump setup.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Power steering.. who needs that, I love rocking no PS.
You get used to it eventually.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
uhh the seller just said it was a b16a pump..maybe i can do a diy with my stock pump?

yea i didnt think i'd need it too but when i drive my brother's car i miss my power steering haha..and for daily driving its easier for me=)

JDMcivicsi

getting back in the game
5+ Year Member
dude leave the ps out of the car i took it out in my si and it feels like i have more control of my car with it out

jdmspivic

Go Ahead Shoot Me b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you def have more control of the car without i think imo But its nice not having to wrestle your steering wheel.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i just wanna drive my car and have the little luxury the car has to offer..i hate wrestling just trying to get out of my driveway =(

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i dont care about a few extra lbs and maybe 1hp i would rather have ps any day

jdmallen97

Mad Jdm y0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
grow some muscles and drive wit no p/s ive been driving without it for 3 yrs and i dont complain

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dude leave the ps out of the car i took it out in my si and it feels like i have more control of my car with it out
you def have more control of the car without i think imo But its nice not having to wrestle your steering wheel.
grow some muscles and drive wit no p/s ive been driving without it for 3 yrs and i dont complain
^^^ what they said ;)

ive been 2 years w/o it. no complaints, in fact i prefer the feel of no p/s when im driving, just not when im parallel parking :x

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you do it right, no PS will be easier to control, even at slow speeds. You need to loop the lines, and build a valve to relieve pressure, and allow air in when needed. H-T had a thread on a teg which had a resivour for fluid and air. I think you need to remove the center seal too, that Is probably why you are all complaining about being difficult to turn, because your fighting against a seal. But then again, i have 2 civics, 1 with PS, and one without. the one without it is 10x more responsive, but feels cheap....when I drive the 1 with PS, it feels like a quality car.

Plus there is only drag when fluid needs to be pumped, so a straight line will use no drag, unless you have a radial pull or your toe is off.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ hmmm i'll look it up on ht.

i work in dt so i have to park on the streets sometime and parallel parking on hills w/o ps when theres people behind you rushing you is not fun..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all of you who are just saying "drive with no PS" yeah thats great if the car has a manual rack... if it has a PS rack you can get that pump delete kit... but you should definately NOT just remove the pump

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea but a manual rack has a larger lock to lock ratio than a power steering rack. I dont think ive ever seen a pump delete kit, do you have a link? I just hit up home depot and target, built a catch can.

Removed the 2 hardlines going into the rack, installed 2 correct sized fittings. Ran 2 3/8ths hoses up to a catch can with a breather on the top. Have the fittings on teh can as low as possible to allow fluid to cycle. The can I constructed from target, which was an aluminum soap dispenser. Looked just like a profesional catch can.

Add just enough fluid to stay just about the level of the fittings, because hard cornering will spray fluid everywhere esp at high speeds. The system is under pressure so make sure its leak free.

Thats the easy part, there is something about a seal in the rack that seperates and prevents the fluid from fully cycling like a manual rack, I cant find any info tho.

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I can still use my DX pump on a ITR ?? that just dosnt sound right ? what belt would you use ? i miss PS CX shells with out ps from the factory are nice is not as hard much better

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I can still use my DX pump on a ITR ?? that just dosnt sound right ? what belt would you use ? i miss PS CX shells with out ps from the factory are nice is not as hard much better

WTF?? No, you have to use a B series pump and belt.

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
but it wont fit, I have the ITR pump but the hose is a lil biger , i was going to cut the DX hose and connect to the end of the ITR hose would that work ?