I broke it :(

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
So I was trying to keep up with my friends d series turbo, we were just cruising along.
I went to shift from the top of fourth into fifth at the same exact time that I hit a pothole,
so it decided it was going to go into third instead. OVERREVVVVVVVVV
ran fine for another three minutes or so, get off the exit, and I hear a loud ass knocking at a stop light.
Figured out it was my car. Pulled into a parking lot, friend said it was the valves,
I said f**k it and had it towed to some shady ass shop that's gonna try to rip me off
=( just needed to vent. day before I ran it at the drag strip and it ran like a champ.. 15.1's first time racing.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn brotha sorry to hear....

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
Yeah I'm a little tight for money so I hope it's an easy fix. I wanna go ahead and do a vtec head swap but I don't have 800 bucks hah.

XeroReboot

Z6-All Motor
Yeah I'm a little tight for money so I hope it's an easy fix. I wanna go ahead and do a vtec head swap but I don't have 800 bucks hah.
$800... just go to a U-Pull-it style junk yard and grab one... the Z6 andY8 should fit, plus they're on all the EX and Si models... It'd be alot cheaper.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Where did you end up taking it?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
trust me... its not the valves. Your rod bearings are most likely shot causing the rod to hit on the side of the block.

There really isn't any way your valves would be knocking, unless they were slapping the top of the piston, which really just doesn't happen.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You broke it?? Damn dude, that must hurt.

Wait until Monday morning, see what the doctor says.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ouch, ive missed a shift like that once but i knew before i let the clutch out and corrected myself. Good luck with ur car tho, The honda community is good im sure some friends can help you out and you can get it fixed cheap.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Spun rod bearing or you snapped a rod. Im pretty sure your head is okay but you MAY have bent a few valves.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn man.. wish ya lived in jersey, its $50 motor day at the junkyard my me and there are z6's and LS motors all over the place there..

good luck fixing it though

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn man.. wish ya lived in jersey, its $50 motor day at the junkyard my me and there are z6's and LS motors all over the place there..

good luck fixing it though
pick me up an ls and i pay you back?? lmao

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sorry to hear man. Let us know what the damage is once you find out.

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
Well I called up yesterday and it's done.
valves are bent, rods are probably fubar,
timing belt is about shredded,
water pump destroyed,
just about everything you could imagine.
I've been looking at taking out a loan and doing an upgrade though..
On craigslist I found an LS with a GSR tranny and full turbo kit for 1800 bucks..
What do you guys think?