I can't get the rear speaker covers off...I must be a noob

zcostilla

OK, I bought a 95 EX coupe. How do I get the rear speaker covers off? I bought some aftermarkets to replace the blown speakers in the rear, an I'm stuck. I figured out the 10mm bolts for the speakers themselves, but that's all I got. I'm afraid of cracking the bezel, because I pried on it pretty good but nothing happened.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The entire thing comes out... meaning the entire back deck

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fold the back seat down, theres 3-4 screws on the bottom of each cover on the under side of the deck.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea should be pretty much the same for those yrs... It's been soooo long since I took mine apart lol I could do it in person

zcostilla

I got those bolts, they're the 10mm ones I was referring to. How do I pop the covers off the deck? Mine won't come off.

zcostilla

OK, I figured it out. There are small holes in the deck that hide screws to hold the grill on. Glad I didn't force it.

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
yeah, that whole deck issue is so dumb, if honda had just not overlapped that one corner, you could take it out without a single tool, but noooooo gota make the back speakers way more inaccessible than the front speakers...that makes sense lol.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just replaced mine a few days ago, it was a b***h. lucky i replaced the headliner and one seat belt so it wasnt a total waste of time. basically as they mention you have to unbold the back seats, and take off the side panels before you take out the back panel. its a hassle. Make sure you remember how the seat belts wrap, i was stump for like 15 minutes trying to figure it out. sigh.