I Cut My Injector Wires! Ooopss

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey so i have some rc 550s in my Y8 rail....They are flooding the motor like crazzy. Tuner said to take em out n put stock back in till i get the car to him. but I cut the original injector wires to fit the new ones in....but the new wires are OBD1 right? Cant i go to the junk yard n take some injectors out a OBD1 honda un use them in my 99 civic......? my ECU is OBD1 to.(p06 converted to P28)...

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do you mean the injector clip? what happened to your old ones?

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
OEM injectors use different connector clips than RC injectors use. To put the OEM injectors in you will have to change the injector clips back to the OEM ones, and then once again change them back to the ones for the RC injectors once you get to the tuner.

Can't your tuner provide you with a basemap to drive the car on until you get it to him? What are you doing driving around without a tune for anyway?

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OEM injectors use different connector clips than RC injectors use. To put the OEM injectors in you will have to change the injector clips back to the OEM ones, and then once again change them back to the ones for the RC injectors once you get to the tuner.

Can't your tuner provide you with a basemap to drive the car on until you get it to him? What are you doing driving around without a tune for anyway?
homeboy, i havent even got the thing started yet lol I wish i was driving it......So i thought the RC injectors are the same OBD1 clips, cuz i had them in my 93 civic SI and they clipped right in....so i figured i can get some older injectors n pop them in until i get it to the tuner.....then another thing is my FPR is aftermarket blox piece of crap and is dumping to much fuel in, I also have the nob on top all the way out.....but when i get it started , (if it starts) i tightened the nob on top and the car dies out....

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ahh its so frustrating, ive been working on this issue till midnight for the past 3 days....it just doesnt want to start. my effin neptunes RTP is not working either. I go to "download basecode" and it says unknown ECU....sooo idk what to do now...

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ey yi yi.
I used the stock FPR and hondata s300 and no problems. I'm not familiar with neptune but I'm sure someone else will be able to help you out.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok one problem at a time. .

first, put your old injectors back in and change them back to the RC ones when you get to the tuner, like literally install that s**t in front of his garage.

second, you have to set your FPR. i think stock is 45PSI so set it to that and dont touch it ever again.

third, are your keys in the accessories possition when you try to download the basemap?

rwlsvtec_03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go to the junk yard and pick up some dsm 450cc injectors with pig tails and walk out.

djrenok

Titanium-Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok one problem at a time. .

first, put your old injectors back in and change them back to the RC ones when you get to the tuner, like literally install that s**t in front of his garage.

second, you have to set your FPR. i think stock is 45PSI so set it to that and dont touch it ever again.

third, are your keys in the accessories possition when you try to download the basemap?
No my key is not in the accessorie possition....SHould I do that?? and i got my stock FPR back on...but couldnt get the stock injectors back in