i got a 96 civic coupe,,what struts should i put?

R J

Im working on a project. I got a 96 civic coupe manual. Im starting with suspension.I probably getting TEIN springs. What kind of struts should i get? I was looking at the SKUNK 2 sport struts.(they go for $300 on ebay) Any suggestions? .,thanks

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
koni yellow and ground control set up

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It depends how long you're going. I'd recommend Tokico Illuminas at the very least but Koni Yellows for the best. I believe here's still a sale going on from one of the Site Sponsors on here for $375 shipped for all 4 which is a GREAT deal.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ones that go up and down.... or like John said john and 2slo said. koni yellows, I have them and they ride pretty good

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
koni yellow and ground control set up
:word:

Or if you would like to just go with some one pieces, for a decent price, I highly recommend Function and Forms. I recently put mine on and I'm absolutely in love (just ask John ;)). And I've heard nothing but good things from friends of mine that have had them.

Butterz

I run Tein S-tech with NAPA premium struts. They're not anything special, but I was looking for good ride quality moreso than stiff handling or good cornering.

Insane96hx

i got some koni yellows with the ground control coilovers they are bad ass they ride hella smooth and can be dropped so low u can basically sit on the concrete nest 700 i ever spent!

R J

i was lookind to spend like 3-400 on struts. Skunk2 sports arent that good?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well let me ask you this, what are you trying to go for? Comfort and daily driving? Performance? Stance?

R J

i was thinking about coilovers,.,. Listen this is my first project car! All my previous cars i left everything stock,but now its time to wake up! lol
Im looking to spend like 500-600 on suspension.Talk to me john

tony9156

i was thinking about coilovers,.,. Listen this is my first project car! All my previous cars i left everything stock,but now its time to wake up! lol
Im looking to spend like 500-600 on suspension.Talk to me john
I went with Tein S techs and KYB AGX shocks for my daily driver and the ride is very similar to when it was stock. However I am regretting not going with the koni / gc setup because the tein springs just didn't give it that great of a drop. If I had to do it again and I am actually probably going to do it soon I would go with coilovers instead of lowering springs. It's a little extra cash but def worth it.