i got a question.... please help me asap!!

tharealjdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got a 2005 rsx type s

i know, im sorry its not a civic....

ok i took my steering wheel off and put aftermarket hub and wheel on...

????? how do i get the airbag light to go off ??????

please help me asap!!!!! pm me asap or respond!!!

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hhmmm. bump for an answer. i have the same broblem in my ej7. i got a non-srs ek4 wheel and i dont know how to make the srs warning light go off. i unplugged the fuse for the srs system from the fuse panel but the light still wont go off.

EDIT: why is this in the parts for sale section? :what:

mort tek

5+ Year Member
yo put the stock one back go do ur inspesion then changed again thats all u need to do....

tharealjdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i tryed that and the light stayed on.. someone told me to get a 2 ohm resister or somethin and it will make the light go off ? i got no clue... i just dont like ghetto stuff done.. i dont wanna jus take out the bulb.. there has to be a way to do it legallly...... please help

sorry for bein in the parts.. i figured id get a answer faster this way....

blueline

JDM Jerzy Domestic Market
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put your OEM steering wheel back on and forget about it.....that way your ass can be saved if you get into an accident.:twocents:

I would think removing the bulb would be the easiest thing to do. If you've changed to a non srs steering wheel, who the hell cares how legal or illegal things get now, it will never work again anyway. Just write the system off and pull the bulb, problem solved.

Cod Man

1.7 60'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, just pull the cluster out and you'll be able to see what bulb it is

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
humm wrong section but you can always take the bulb out your cluster like the others stated.

tharealjdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks for the help...

what do you mean write the system off ? i gotta take it through inspection.. i knew i should have waited

i put the stock wheel back on, and the light stays on now.. the 1st time i did it.. it went back off, now it just stays on..

anyone know how to take the cluster out of a rsx ???

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
never done it before but just take every screw you see around the cluster off :what:

tharealjdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats the thing, there isnt any.. lol i guess i gotta mess with it and try to figure it out.. someone told me get this lil 2 ohm thing.. but i dunno if that will fix it cause i think its the srs thing behind the wheel that is messing s**t up for me

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Some cluster's have lil clips you have to almost pull them off with alil force. Yea mine was like that too when I put my hub and quick release on so I just went in there and pulled the bulb prob solved.

tharealjdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah.. i think ima do that.. im just gonna go pay 100 for a sticker and call it a day i guess.. lol so now im gonna try to pull the bulb them.. thanks for the help...

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just remeber its gotta pass visual inspection also. if they see a missin airbag they might give you s**t about it.

cant you jump 2 wires and it goes off?

91SIHatch

SOHC IT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
most of the time they sell a plug and play harness that runs a open circuit or closed circuit i cant remeber, but it takes the air bag light off and sends that message just continuously through that harness, kinda like a mil eliminator on a mustang so it doesnt trip the 02 sensor, its like a blocking harness thats what you will need to do it right.

kaace

I'm getting there...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you reboot your car? unhook the battery for a few then hook it back up...works for my computer and PDA... =)

mlassek

5+ Year Member
that wont work. put all your stock s**t back on and if the light is still on your are going to need a scan tool to erase the code (that is if you didnt f**k anything up) . why do you wanna put an aftermarket wheel on? isnt the stock rsx wheel sporty enough?

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Change everything back to stock, go to any good shop that does diagnostic work and they can reset for about 30-40 bucks. Messing with the srs system is not a good idea especially if you ever have to sell your car.