i got my car today!

GSratedR

5+ Year Member
so right when i got outta work i went to pick up my new project. 1991 crx hx with a b16. woot. its peppy lol. today so far me and my roomate spent all evening doing all the basic crap. oil, plugs, all fluids and wires cap rotor and all the basic goodies. plus i started to strip everything all the rear stuff is gone and all behind the seats is empty. so yeah im gonna go play with it now and then im gonna take some picks while im out. god its ugly right now hehe.

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cant wait to see some pics...

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CRX HF i am gussing, since they dont make CRX HXs

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now that I have a nice, big, good handling, fair accelerating, safe, responsible, full curtain airbag/VSC/ABS family hatchback.....

I really want a CRX. :???:

Nice find!

GSratedR

5+ Year Member
ok heres Crappy Rex. i took out the interior in the rear all behind the seats. TO DO list: in the next few days im gonna try to clean out all the hatch and remove the rest of the interior. then im gonna spray it flat black. then im gonna pick up a new radiator support so the hood hill close all the way. also i need to find a font clip thats already painted white and pick it up or i will have to buy paint. Remove all the a/c bullshiz and drop it a bit.:D its gonna be a fun project.
hood dont close all the way

its sits so high lol

good lookin back side.

Naked on the indise

crappy rex

B16A

PICKLED

El mero mero Aguacatero
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Take care of that rust in the hatch. Other than that :thumbs up

GSratedR

5+ Year Member
so how do i go about getting rid of the rust. do i like sand it down and then spray it?

jordanp

poser
5+ Year Member
sand it and spray it with galvinized pain( which also works decent as a primer)t... make sure you sand down to bare metal and get rid of all rust.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
that thing probably HAULS ASS!

and u can probably change the oil without a jack too. awesome find!

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id fix the hood asap. ive had more then one fly up on me, due to messed up latches

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that thing needs help. but props for the B16A already done for you...lol

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the valve cover ground wire is on wrong. and i noticed it has A/C....thats pretty cool.

GSratedR

5+ Year Member
that thing probably HAULS ASS!

and u can probably change the oil without a jack too. awesome find!
it moves pretty quick for what it is lol. and yes i can change the oil w/out a jack but i still used on cause i was having fun. the ac has a leak somewhere so its all gonna go bye bye. crappy rex is still loosing weight haha.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
removing AC wont lose much wight.
if the interior was in good condition, you should have left it in. no need to have stripped interior unless its a race car