I got owned by buying this front lip..

Traxxas2oo2

SOHC my DOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7941098449&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

looked decent....basically $100 shipped. So I buy it. WOW, thats all i can say. It finally came today and I was soo excited till I pulled it out of the package. It sticks out about 8 inches too far on each side of the bumper, has NO mounting holes, does not even line up with the stock ones. and does not look like the pic at all. I checked the stock that was on it and its right. 92-95 coupe/hatchback is what it says. so IM like whatever f**k it ill just mount it. so I get it lined up in teh center and go to pull the sides in to mount it and one of the ends break off cause it just wasnt fitting. nice waste of $100. It looked decent but damn does it suck. I have the s**t mounted and i just do not like it. It stick out way too far does not look like a type r lip....looks rice if you ask me. oh well, live and learn

Last edited:

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That blows man. LOL @ your paint skillz...lol. NICE.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn that sucks.. they dont even make lips for my car.. cept for the oem si lip, and its not that special at all..

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahh that sux, did you atleast complain to the companY??

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
made something in paint for you

hahahaha

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
aw man, sorry to hear you got f**ked... have u called to complain yet?

Traxxas2oo2

SOHC my DOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HAHA...nah im gonna prolly have to wait till monday now.. I must have got a shitty mold :x

Green DX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe you got a lip from a different year car. Maybe the box says 92-95 but the lip is for a different year car. Maybe the company got it mixed up.

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Traxxas2oo2 said:
...My advice, get an OEM type R lip, not the ABS ones. ...
too bad there wasn't one for 92-95 Civics...

yeah, those ABS Dynamic's Type R/Mugen knock-off lips are hit or miss. I've seen some that fit perfectly and i've seen some that don't even come close.

You should look into a WW RS kit for you coupe. It's a little more money, but definately worth it. It's like the age-old saying goes: 'you get what you pay for'

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only good ebay guys who sellc ar stff are pepper(something) X3RACING and some other guy.. well that was helpfull.. RVINYL IS GAY TOO..

Kihun_Cha

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i bought it off from urbanracer for 50 pick up.. but yea i had to take out the front bumper and had to bring it to my room and mount it up.. i guess mounting was fine but s**t stick out too much.. dis is when i had my si but s**t it does sucks
oem cost too much.. like double times now

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shoulda just got urself a nice little mugen replica off jdmshit.com or street styler for about the same price

booze_b

At work CC user
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you read through the sellers feedback?? There are a few negatives that had problems with lip fitments and wrong lips being sent.

Traxxas2oo2

SOHC my DOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea yea, i know you take a chance buying s**t off ebay but i usually get good results. It says both on the box and on the lip itself 92-95 civic 2/3dr. So im pretty sure i got the right lip. I dont think its the sellers fault its just the company. I looked into the mugen replicas and I just dont like the look of them. Ill prolly end up sticking with this one and just trying to use a small piece of fiberglass to make a new corner and bondo etc. Ill get a picture later today of exactly what is messed up...who knows. Im not too worried about it for the time being considering i just purchased a turbo/manifold/downpipe/FMIC/IC pipes and im gonna start fabbing all that up shortly, ill just kinda worry about the lip later lol..

toplevelej

i am fresh
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that sucks, thats one thing you have to worry about buying s**t from ebay

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Going-West said:
made something in paint for you

hahahaha
OMG, i'm so f**king glad i was drinking anything at the time, my screen would have been covered, lol, you made my day, thanks mang.

JDMMugen22

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was just gonna say the same thing. They have a Mugen OE Urethane Front Bumper Lip on JDMShit for $149 shipped,that is similar to what you are looking for if you didnt like the Mugen Front Lip V2.

JDMMugen22

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey

FhCRubarb said:
Shoulda just got urself a nice little mugen replica off jdmshit.com or street styler for about the same price
Hey sorry...when i said "i was gonna say the same thing" I meant from this quote not to that sick comment that was before my post. lol.