I Have a Chance To Buy

TAGs95CivicEX

Tom Foolery
5+ Year Member
a GT3071R for my built D series, I'll find my old thread and reply to this one. I was originally going to go for an externally gated turbo because I was told they flowed better, but I am able to pick up this turbo brand new off a local guy who's dreams were bigger than his wallet's at a very good price. Will this turbo work for my boosted D? or is there to much restriction and I should wait and pay the extra to get an externally gated GT30? Just wondering if you guys and gals can help me out. thanks

-TAG

Here's my car and setup. This is an old post from TurboD16 about my setup

Well I'm new here, been a member on D-series for about a year now, and owned the car for about the same length of time. My car is not boosted yet however the engine is built and ready for boost once I round up the parts and mock it up. I'm still in school so money is limited. The only change I'm going to make to my car before boost is possibly a set of wheels and new seats, and definitely get rid of my ugly tails. Alright so here goes, I have a lot of pics but if we are only aloud five I'll have to do some searching.

Engine as of right now

Car as of now

Car Underneath

I've spent a lot of time on this car so be gentle with the comments haha, I know this car is not everyone's cup of tea but luckily for me it is mine. I have been slowly taking the rice out of the car and turning it into my own. The car was in rough shape when I got it, but completely rust free and that would be why I got it. I put my proposed turbo setup in the "turbo setups" forum but I may as well add it here, and see if it gets better reception here. All the work is done by myself including body work and engine building so she's not a show car but at least I can afford it this way.

Just going to copy and paste the other post in here.

Ok I'm new to this site, and new to turbos. My turbo setup is yet to be installed, I"m still piecing it together. I've been reading off and on for about a year now on turboing my car, and what all I need, so I didn't think I had to go to the noob forum for this post at least. I was just wondering if I could get some insight into the setup I'm building. Mostly the turbo choice and specs. I'm looking for about 400 hp, and I think I can make it for sure with the right tune. I know I don't need brand name parts and my setup has a large pricetag on it, no I'm not rich but I've always liked to go with brand name stuff I guess, call me stupid but that's just how I build cars.

Alright heres the deal I'm trying to figure out what I need. I drive a 1995 Honda Civic EX. My engine is a D16z6, which is the 1.6L single overhead cam vtec. I plan to turbo charge my car within the next few years and I am beginning to piece together the parts. My car's set up is

Tuner Toy Forged Rods
SRP 9.0:1 Forged Pistons +0.010 overbore
ACL bearings on stock micro polished crank
ARP headstuds
Ferrara Valves
Ported and Polished Head to Endyn's Specs
Endyn Block Posts

This is what I"m thinking so far. need opinions
(Will be installed once turbo kit is complete)
GT30
3 inch exhaust, 3 inch high flow cat, 3 inch megan racing muffler
2.5-2.75 inch intercooler piping
HKS SSQV blow off valve
38mm Tial Wastegate
Full Ram Horn Manifold
Stage 2 Crower Turbo Cam
Crower Springs and Retainers
Tuned ECU
AEM Adjustable cam gear
Greddy Boost Controller (Profec B Spec II)
Greddy Turbo Timer
Autometer Electronic Gauges
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
AEM fuel rail
AEM Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
750 RC injectors
SVE 3 bar map sensor
PLX wideband O2 sensor
And all the oil lines and such but that really doesn't make a difference.

So if someone wants to play the game "which one of these is not like the other, which one of these just doesn't belong" game that would be great.

-TAG

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I just have to say.. Your engine bay / undercarraige is clean as all hell..

If anything this can serve as a bump for you ;)

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DANG.
That's extremely clean. I see NO rust. I'm jealous and my car is "younger"
Bump for the Turbo D! I wish to join you soon.

TAGs95CivicEX

Tom Foolery
5+ Year Member
Time

I took everything out of the engine bay and repainted everything and then reinstalled it, this whole process will be done again when the turbo setup is installed. As for the undercarriage it was a little cleaning but not a lot (not in my mind, most people thought I was nuts) and all suspension parts were taken off and repainted. Took a lot of time but I get a lot of respect for it, now where I am from we have about as many potato fields as we do houses so there is dirt all over the road almost all summer so it's really hard to keep it clean. I usually wash my undercarriage at least twice a summer, and no there is no rust on the car anywhere except for two bolts. The longer bolts that came with the ASR brace, not shown in the pictures are cheap s**t and they rusted within 24 hours. in the process of finding some stainless steel ones of the same size.

Thanks for the comments. I decided to pass on this turbo
-TAG