I leave tomorrow....

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good ol AFBMT...the best thing I learned there was how to get people to fold your shirts into little cylinders and peanut butter on french toast is bomb as f**k.

where are you stationed for tech school?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
congrats man!

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good luck and have fun!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
<< curious what all basic entailed? congrats on not dieing :lol:

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man, i can't wait until i book a job.
i've been itching to go to basic for awhile now.

d r i v e n

foul dog scut!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Congratulations Airman! What's your AFSC? I leave for the Marine Corps in a few months. I can't wait.

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Congrats man.. I've been seriously considering the Air Force, I just don't know if college is for me anymore.

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awwwwwww, I remember BMT

What training squadron you go thru? AFSC?

Billy, DONT go coast Guard, they get the least amount of respect. its like you couldnt make the Navy, so you went coast guard.

As for basic training, its more mental then physical (air force anyways) Your constantly taking classes, and studying for your test. Its EXTREMELY mentally draining. Its like cramming for your finally but on steroids and 5 dudes yelling in your face.

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks everyone. I'm on my blackberry right now so I can qoute anyone. I'm stationed at Lackland right now for Security Forces tech school. I just started today.

I was at the 321st TRS for BMT.

For those wondering how BMT was it was basically all a big mindgame. The hardest part for me was just the seperation from my family. Keeping your wall locker and area in inspection order kind of sucked too. There's a few things you have to memorize but nothing to stress over. The final test is pretty easy, common sense stuff. The food was actually really good except you only get like 2 minutes to eat it at the begining. If you have any more questions ask away!

Thanks again to everyone

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Security Forces?? Wah wah!!! SP's are always dicks, i hated having to deal with them when we got on base.

MMMAAANNNNN i miss the food there!! my mouth is watering right now thinking of it.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol ppl actually book security forces. ugh...

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you choose to be a cop? or did you go in open general? whats lackland like now? i havnt been back there for years

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was open general but yes I listed security forces.
Lackland is getting more and more strict by the weeks. It seems just about every month emails come out saying Trainees cant do this and that.

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was open general but yes I listed security forces.
Lackland is getting more and more strict by the weeks. It seems just about every month emails come out saying Trainees cant do this and that.
LOL. your a trainee. you had to request permission to scratch your nuts or take a piss......

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOL. your a trainee. you had to request permission to scratch your nuts or take a piss......
In my 4th week of training, the Commander passed a rule where you cant have any sweets or carbonated drinks until after graduation. So that means when your on base liberty and patio breaks you cant have any outside food or drinks.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
whats new man? how are you liking everything? What exactly does your job entail?