i need advice from EG pro's

Ho0k3d0nFoNiCs

W3RKS 4 M3
5+ Year Member
shinobi said:
must be a factory freak, i haven't seen any stock type R swap running in the 13's, execpt in a a crx with minor tuning which did 13 very highs.
i mean the engine was stock and i had it tuned with p200 hondata and some slicks

fabricator

RHD Professor
5+ Year Member
keep the four door. dx/lx are actually lighter than the coupe. B16/GSR/ITR whatever you want to build it is up to you.

fabricator

RHD Professor
5+ Year Member
Ho0k3d0nFoNiCs said:
i mean the engine was stock and i had it tuned with p200 hondata and some slicks
must of been a freak if it was tuned with a p200????

i think yoiu meant to say S200 :lol:

Listerman

CCSC #52
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rock the 4door and you might be as cool as me and the others here

fabricator should also post pics of his ride. 4drs rule dude

C.F. Freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Swap in a GSR and boost it. Tuned at ~300whp (which you can very easily make on the stock block) will net you mid-12s all day long.

o0kuam0o

Master of Ceremonies
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Um, don't say a stock R wont run 13's if you haven't run one.
I ran my friend's CX hatch, only weight reduction was the spare tire in the trunk removed.
I ran a 13.8x on MT slicks mounted on 15" slipstreams. He had basically this

99 b18c5
skunk 2 intake manifold
DC ceramic header (which I ran open header at the track)
AEM hybrid intake
ground wire kit
skunk2 knob and shifter
OBD1 P72
VAFC (version 1)

that is essentially stock with bolt ons and a VAFC.

I bet that with a chipped ECU, cams, and a quick port n polish on the head, you can get the sedan into 13's or at least 14 flat with a b18c5.
K20, yes, everyone would love to try one out in their EG, but the funds arent always there. B series is by far the most versatile of all civic motors. Anyway, you'll be happy with a c5 or even a fully built c1.
ORR you can go cheaper and buy a c5 block and a b16 head and piece together your motor. Plus, you get to choose which tranny you wanna go with as well.

HATCHMAN82

5+ Year Member
imo you got a couple of options you could go ls/vtec (but they motors are to figgidy always have a problem) but they have to be built the right way gsr good all around motor with a good tune, bottle and some bolt ons or build a b16 to the t and spray that but the one i would go with is the gsr hands down

vtec11087

Shin
5+ Year Member
ok... thanks for the advice. But I picked up my 93' Civic Hatchback today with a GSR B18c swap. The keeping the 4door option wasnt bad, but i juz needed a change. i'll put up pics soon, cant wait to finish this car and get it on the streets asap. :D