I need help!! Will a D16z6 92-95 vtec valve cover fit my d16y8 head(97 civic ex)?

johnmota93

Hi everyone im looking for a vtec valve cover for my 97 civic EX d16y8 i saw a nice one on e-bay but its off an 94 d16z6 it say it fits 92-95 d series engines but it looks exactly like the other valve covers ive seen for my car ? but there might be some different screw measurements im not sure so if anyone can help me out a.s.a.p i would appreciate it so i can but the valve cover before someone takes it.. thank you

johnmota93

haha i like that let me google for you lol ok so it says it would fit but do you know yourself if it would fit i just trust club civic in stead of yahoo answers but i was thinking it would fit thanks man

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes any d16 valve cover will fit as long as its a sohc d16. I don't know why Honda didn't put the vtec valve covers on the vtec motors like the ex and hx

CO671

Registered VIP
Any d-series valve cover (excluding the one DOHC D-series engine) can interchange, as long as the spark plugs are on the same spot.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Exactly what I said...... D15 the plugs are on the backside and d16 the plugs are on the front

johnmota93

yea i bought it already it looked like it would fit just wanted to make sure now i am thanks you guys