I Need Help!!!

dagosto

5+ Year Member
I have a 2001 honda civic dx...when i bught the car, i didnt know anything about cars. I've had my civic for about 4 months now, and I see that its not doing anything for me, speed wise. My friend suggested that i do an engine swap with a b16 motor, and a ls tranny...but everywhere i look, i cant find what im looking for...CAN ANYONE HELP ME, OR SUGGEST SOMETHING ELSE I CAN DO TO REALLY IMPROVE MY CARS PERFORMANCE, AND SPEED???

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a 2001 honda civic dx...when i bught the car, i didnt know anything about cars. I've had my civic for about 4 months now, and I see that its not doing anything for me, speed wise. My friend suggested that i do an engine swap with a b16 motor, and a ls tranny...but everywhere i look, i cant find what im looking for...CAN ANYONE HELP ME, OR SUGGEST SOMETHING ELSE I CAN DO TO REALLY IMPROVE MY CARS PERFORMANCE, AND SPEED???
I believe there's a few faq's but a pretty brief overview your friend doesn't know that the b16 isn't a swap for these cars and would be pointless. Further more in many states it would be illegal to throw an older motor than what the vehicle year is(emissions laws). Also don't forget that you would have to custom fab mounts for a b16. You really only have 2 alternatives. You can either spend the money on a kswap, which will run you anywhere from 3-7 grand or you can go forced induction which can cost you probably around 2-5 depending on your setup.

if your interested with the kswap check out kseries.org and as far as fi you can check out 7thgenhonda and look at speed foo's thread on there. Theres a lot of info on fi and he's pretty much the master as far as the d17 goes. High numbers were close to 500 on a boosted d17.

demarcuspz

5+ Year Member
Yeah, i would suggest a h22 engine , it's decent and seen a few on ebay that were about $1500, and had 200HP, or if you have 4G'z lying around you could get a k20, haha, i would say get the h22 and a turbo kit