i need help!!!!

Civic.ex

ok im new to this but i put in neon lights in the interior of my car but everytime i switch them on they work but when i turn on my head lights they turn off automatically can anyone help i have the lights connected through the battery

Civic.ex

i need help!!!

ok im new to this but i put in neon lights in the interior of my car but everytime i switch them on they work but when i turn on my head lights they turn off automatically can anyone help i have the lights connected through the battery

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
like legit neon? not led? wow..didn't know people actually used that anymore. It could be, if they are real neon, that they are drawing too much current. when you add on your headlights, its too much to handle and one goes out. neon is a fickle thing, thats why no one uses it for signs and stuff now, its all led. Neon lights require a lot of juice, its possible (and probable) that the original little honda battery can not supply both headlights and neon lights without a high powered alternator.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going to need more information. How EXACTLY do you have it wired. You can't have it direct to the battery and nothing else or they would be on all the time. You obviously have a break in there somewhere be it with a switch or something else. My guess is that you have tapped into the wrong wire coming off your column light switch.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ have to agrre not enough info if it was just a hot wire from the battery they would never turn off no matter what.

Civic.ex

i ran the wire from the battery to a switch and from there i connected the positive of the led to the switch then i have the ground cable to the negative of the leds they turn on but once i turn the headlights on the leds turn off thats were i am stuck i hope thats enough imformation

xWIREMANx

I will take a wild stab at this lol. Either you hooked your ground up to the positive headlight wire or you hooked your positive up to the negative illumination wire. Either one would cause a problem like you have described. If you did hook up the wires directly to the battery then you have poor connections that cause the voltage to drop below operating ranges when your lights are turned on.