I Need Ideas For Summer Jobs. Please Help

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am about to get out of school for the summer and i havent started the job search. If you are a student let me know what you are doing or if you just have an idea i would like to hear it .

Thanks=)

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I am going to be working in the corporate offices of Xtra Fuels. I also do magic shows at reunions, weddings, events during the summer...I'm really going to try to post up my local ads for that cuz I make bank off those.

vinnybones

Take it to the street
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Construction/cement work with my step-dad...thank God my mom married a man with his own business

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check out the oil change places, they're not that bad to work for.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
To tell you the truth you may be too late to start looking for summer jobs. I applied last month to a place and I'm just going in for an interview tomorrow. Alot of college students all try and go get jobs the week they get out, and by the time they start looking, they're all taken.

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i am just going to go full time at the place i currently work

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know about where you are but over here summer jobs for students are everywhere and pay alot more than just a regular job that anyone can find. Go to manpower and tell them you're a student also apply for the city, they always hire students for summer work.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Costco pays really good. I think you startat 10$/hr and it doesn't even open till like 9 and closes at 9 or 10 so you'll never work late/early

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm in a similar spot. I want to be a waiter at a restaurant here but I think I missed the boat for that one. Too bad the sandwich shop I worked at closed. Awesome food for free anytime, owned by my buddy's mom, decent pay, and I worked with my buddies all f**king day. Damn i miss that s**t.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm doin dish washin at a country party house on weekends (majority of parties are on weekends obviously) and I'm starting to do food prep work and such.

Then week days I'll prolly work at a clothing store or somewhere to not get too many hours so I can enjoy summer but still make money.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
For the past two summers, i did food prep, making and serving....worked 70-80 hours a week....but i loved the 4 figure paychecks.

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Come down here. Post Katrina work = bank. Seriously. Half the plates around here are Texas, Al, Ms, and Ak. If you can find descent rent, you can make serious money. $20-30 hour. Manual labor though. And you'd have to deal with the N.O. summer heat.

But if movin way from home isn't your thing...

Ever think about being a delivery guy? You'd prob have to take off the Equips *cough* Drags *cough*:laugh: I work as a delivery guy for Wing Zone and make pretty good money with tips. Delivering is awesome except the extra mileage and shitty streets/lowered car. We've only been open like 2-3 months and I make like $70-100/night on weekends. Plus I get to be in my car where I'm happiest. XM plus quick city driving = 7 hr shifts that seem like 3 hours;)

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yo danny theres an auto part store down by me thats hiring.

edit: i just remebered theres a pizza place looking for a pt delivery boy. its easy money

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i just went full time for the landscaping company that i have worked for for the past 3 yrs.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have you tried doing promotions....brand ambassadors....weekend gigs and they pay a lot...look them up on craigslist.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i beat up bullies for dorks, good pay

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member