i need to fix this quick please give advice

nathanjohnson

5+ Year Member
ok i was driving down the street and suddenly my rpms drop to zero , car shuts off and im stranded...i finally get it home after work around 5 am...i hear the fuel pump,checked fuses, changed distrubutor cap and rotor and ignition coil is tested as still good...i have no spark but the rotor turned so timing is not broke...changed at 218000 now at 222700...please help as this is my only car...what could be wrong...its a d16z6 in 93 civic coupe

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmm... I was going to say coil... but you had it checked, what about your main fuse/relay? maybe ecu went... I'm shooting in teh dark here man you tested the first thing that popped into my head

nathanjohnson

5+ Year Member
so im also being told some grounds could be loose...like thermostat...how often does this acually occur

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
meh... depending on how shaky your car is.. I would still check them just to be sure

nathanjohnson

5+ Year Member
where can i find them and my main relay is not in the same place as that integra...is it the big one connected to the fuse box with three prongs

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes, it will say main relay on the back of it, there are 3 main grounds, one from battery to chassis, one from starter to chassis, and one from engine to chassis, check those 3 first, if the wire snapped of, or vibrated loose theres your issue... or the relay or the ecu... check spark, and fuel too

codekrush

5+ Year Member
battery?

you didn't by chance disconnect the battery while the car was running or maybe it shook lose? the battery works as a resister for the altinator and if it loses conection any rev will fry the onboard ecu and any other computers? also check wiring in the ignition system if they are lose it will kill the engine.

vtec4me

5+ Year Member
The main relay assembly is under the dash driver side just above the hood release and sometimes says MITSUBISHI on the back. I just changed it in my car 94 ex for cutting out my fuel pump. You can check by putting your finger on it and as you turn the key it should click 3 times. The next time your car cuts off test it.

will817

5+ Year Member
its a very easy fix change out the igniter in your distributer and it will start right up

sicksquishey37

5+ Year Member
it wouldnt be your battery your car when its runnin runs off the alternator..if you turned it off while it was disconnected then it just wouldnt start back up the battery is used for starting mostly...check all connectioins to the fuel pump, injectors and check the coil with a dvom

will817

5+ Year Member
its the f**king ignitor its in the distributer trust me my car did the exact same thing