i need to know asapP!!! =[

addiel1000

5+ Year Member
okie so as you guys prob. seen my other posts. my car has been going threw some issues burning oil . so today i was at my buddys house helping him strip his 91 hatch.. and he told me if i want i can take the motor for my self. since mines burning oil.. . he said da motor was always well maintained.. n never beat on.. it has 125k miles and hes 100% sure this one doesnt burn oil lol.. so i pulled it out and took it home... but im not sure if it fits on my car.. my car is a 95 civic 4dr lx... the intake manifold looks different.. so i was thinking i cxan swap my intake mani to this one... so i need to know if its the same motor.. and is it a good idea to put the motor in?

GiffyStyle

okie so as you guys prob. seen my other posts. my car has been going threw some issues burning oil . so today i was at my buddys house helping him strip his 91 hatch.. and he told me if i want i can take the motor for my self. since mines burning oil.. . he said da motor was always well maintained.. n never beat on.. it has 125k miles and hes 100% sure this one doesnt burn oil lol.. so i pulled it out and took it home... but im not sure if it fits on my car.. my car is a 95 civic 4dr lx... the intake manifold looks different.. so i was thinking i cxan swap my intake mani to this one... so i need to know if its the same motor.. and is it a good idea to put the motor in?
What model engine is the new one?

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
I'm pretty sure you are going to be swapping an OBD0 into an OBDI Chassis.
If it is in fact an OBD0, then it's probably not a god idea to swap it.
It would be in your best interest to find out why your engine is burning oil, rather than swapping a motor that is from an older gen Civic into your car.

L.D.Forget

if you want to do that swap, you'll have to use parts from your motor to upgrade the other motor to odb1. Yes, you can swap the intake manifold, which you'll have to do. You may have to swap the dizzy as well...i dont remember everything exactly, just search for d series odb0 to odb1 swap or somethin.

addiel1000

5+ Year Member
well the reason why is burining oil could prob. be the piston rings.. valve seals.. head gasket ect. and i really dont feel like dealing with that s**t.. dont feel like spending time and money into a motor that has alot of milage. 180k (well to me thats alot) even though we all know hondas lost long..the engine that i picked up is a D15B2.. mines is D15B7

Deadswitch

well the reason why is burining oil could prob. be the piston rings.. valve seals.. head gasket ect. and i really dont feel like dealing with that s**t.. dont feel like spending time and money into a motor that has alot of milage. 180k (well to me thats alot) even though we all know hondas lost long..the engine that i picked up is a D15B2.. mines is D15B7
yes u can put a d15b2 in, u will need the ecu for it cuz b2 is dpfi and b7 if mpfi....i know this cuz someone did the swap on my 95 dx coupe before i bought it...im in the process of putting a b7 or z6 motor back in it....and mine runs fine btw...and its like 10 hp less than the b7

addiel1000

5+ Year Member
oohh iigh koo thanks i got a nother question tho lol today a buddy of mines gave me a 2000 civic ex head.. would that fit in the d15b2? does it fit all D series block?

addiel1000

5+ Year Member
i cant just use the d15b2 motor.. like jst swap intake mani from my motor dat i have on now and use the same wire harnes n same ECU?

Deadswitch

i cant just use the d15b2 motor.. like jst swap intake mani from my motor dat i have on now and use the same wire harnes n same ECU?
ok if ur asking if u can use the d15b7 manifold and wiring on the d15b2, the answer is yes but u also have to use the fuel rail and injectors too

addiel1000

5+ Year Member
the fuel rain and injectors from the b7? or b2? and i want to buy a new clutch also what trim do i look for? does the b7 clutch fit b2?.. if not what do i search? cuz i want to buy after market headers, fuil rail, and exedy clutch... (sorry for the dumb questions) im new to swaping a motor. never did it before so i get nervous lol

Deadswitch

the fuel rain and injectors from the b7? or b2? and i want to buy a new clutch also what trim do i look for? does the b7 clutch fit b2?.. if not what do i search? cuz i want to buy after market headers, fuil rail, and exedy clutch... (sorry for the dumb questions) im new to swaping a motor. never did it before so i get nervous lol
whatever manifold you use, u need that rail...so b7 mani use b7 rail etc...

matt75

i would get it checked by a proper mechanic. had a similar issue once with my 91 civic some months back. did not know much so had to stick with my mechanic.