I stuck with honda

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:wavey: Hey everyone!!! My name is Tyler. I live in Michigan. Today, i purchased an 08 Fuji Blue Pearl Civic Si. I was browsing vehix and found it only 30 miles away. Dealership wanted $18.5K, and i talked them down to $16.6K. I figured it was a steal bc it only had 18K miles!!! I dont have any pics yet bc, of course, we havent had rain in over 2 weeks and today it decided to rain.

I already have a few plans. Springs, wheels (next summer) i/h/e and reflash in the spring. Ill make a build thread later on.

Alittle background. Im not so new to honda. I had a black 00 civic si. I loved that car. i had it for 6 years. Here are some pics. About a month ago, i parked my car downtown, street flooded from a freak downpour and thunderstorm, and my car completed flooded. Water was half way up the door. I had the car towed bc i didn't want to start it. I made an insurance claim. In the process, they tried starting my car, ecu was pwnd, starter broke causing the motor to seize. Waited 3 weeks for insurance to figure out something. Meanwhile, i collected all my things in the car, and took pics of all the mold that formed. Showed them to my insurance agent and less than a day later i received a check for 6800. WAAYYY more than i thought id get for a 10 year old car with 143k miles. here it was before all that...

Modifications:

Engine:
Stock B16a2
Garrett GT28r Turbo
Spoolin Performance Quick 4 Turbo Manifold
Custom 3" downpipe and test pipe
Greddy Evo Exhaust system
DSM 450 fuel injectors
Tial 38mm wastegate
Greddy Type RS BOV
JohnnyRaceCar Black Anodized FMIC and black piping
Hondata s200 with boomslang harness
Tuned by Payn (he no longer has his business, he tunes for Formula 1 now)
Tuned at 12psi, runs around 11.X. Runs a TINY bit rich for safety for weather changes.

Turbo has been on car for only 5-6k miles. everything brand new, not used.

Suspension:
Koni Yellow struts
Ground Control Coilover Sleeves
Skunk2 Camber and toe adjustable kit
15" Nippon Racing Wheels
Falken 205-50-15 tires. lots of tread left

Exterior:
CTR black headlights. Password JDM
Ebay HID kit. 8-10k

Interior:
Yonaka Black Ronin Racing seats
Corbeau 3 pt racing harnesses and pads
JDM EK CTR red stitch shift boot. Password JDM
Alpine Head Unit (not sure of model)
Alpine 12-Disc cd changer

ON TO THE PIX0RZ

Anyways. glad to be back!!!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wb man lol, that was a clean si

HatchmanEJ6

Mmmonocle smile!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn. such a shame your si got f**ked by flooding. she was a beauty

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn that is one hell of a em1.. sad to see it go due to a flood. Did you get it back ever? or did you just say to hell with it and buy a new one? never really got the story straight. ANYWHO!

Welcome!

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
before they towed it away, i took out the bride seat, the turbo, manifold, hondata and intercooler. sold everything in a day and a half. they wanted too much to buy the car back. i said f**k it and put a larger down payment down. i miss it alot. but it was getting old and starting to have more problems.

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
who did your vavle cover, that thing looks f**kin nice!!

barrett

Registered VIP
Nice em1. Hopefully you can make this one just as clean. Question for you. What did you think of the ride of the Koni struts and Ground Control coilover sleeves? Like how did it compare to the stock one 9if you can remember, if not thats cool). I also have an 08 Si and trying to think of a good suspension set up on a budget

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the ride quality of my old setup was amazing. i had that setup for almost 4 years and not once had any doubt of changing it or had any problems.

my friend gets H&R, and Eibach springs at cost, so im thinking of just doing springs. 1.5 or 1.7 inch drop. im searching all over for the differences between h&r, eibach and tein s techs.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn your si is hawt man

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good stuff good stuff

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice car, but tire foam blows ballz

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i found it at work and thought id give it a try. i haven't found anything im happy with yet. any suggestions?

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Your old ride was super clean, Can't wait to see you build up this new Si man, good luck!

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man your old ride was nice, nice pickup though...:thumbs up