I think I actually got pulled over for being black

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you probably did get pulled because your black. its called profiling and cops do it all the time.
but this time it seems like that cop did give you a break and i wouldnt be complianing if i were you. just go to court and youll be fine.

OC i was wondering if you have a cop in the family or something because you always seem to defend the police in these types of threads...(not saying that you shouldnt be in this particular case)

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so just to be clear it is your opinion that if sources say "there's a group of people of Arab ethnicity that just attacked our country and may commit additional attacks" and you are in a position to aggressively screen 50 people per hour... YOU ARE TELLING ME.. that they should check 10 black people 10 white people 10 asian people 10 jewish people and 10 arab people.... that is what you feel is the most reasonable action? may i ask why you would squander resources just to remain politically correct..?

you work for a police station.. you get a report that there has been a rash of shootings committed by white people in a certain section of town... you can stop and question 5 people per hour.. you are telling me INSTEAD of stopping 5 white people.. you would stop lots of different groups?

do you not realize how ridiculous this is?
No, absolutely not. If I'm a cop, and I get a call that some black guy shot someone, I'm not gonna run around looking for white people, I'm gonna hunt that nigga down! lol.

When time is of the essence, obviously you have to make a call and not everything can run as smoothly as you'd like it to.

I'm referring to stereotyping and profiling on a much larger scale. If an arab blows up a building, and then all of a sudden all the airports and borders are strip searching every arab that passes by and don't care as much about anyone who is non-arab... I see that as a HUGE problem. Thats not gonna solve a god damn thing. Obviously any other arab who actually wants to bomb a building again is gonna know that they're looking for him so he's not gonna casually just walk into an airport and expect to not be questioned... otherwise you'd have to be the dumbest freaking terrorist ever. The second problem that causes, is that airport security will be so busy hunting down all the arabs that if some asian guy decides to do something, he knows they're not gonna be expecting him to be carrying a bomb for example, so it makes his job easier too... thats exactly what would happen with your way of thinking.

If the cia or fbi or whatever, actually has a lead on something, I would want them follow through with that lead for my own protection and the protection of my fellow citizens. But when you are showing up at peoples house for no reason other than the fact that their name is Mohamed or Hussein (and mind you, this has happened), I'm sorry, but if you don't see a problem with that, I cannot argue with you anymore.

you probably did get pulled because your black. its called profiling and cops do it all the time.
but this time it seems like that cop did give you a break and i wouldnt be complianing if i were you. just go to court and youll be fine.

OC i was wondering if you have a cop in the family or something because you always seem to defend the police in these types of threads...(not saying that you shouldnt be in this particular case)
I repeated this a few times already, but he definitely had a good reason to pull me over. He was a nice guy, but he didn't give me a break, (which is fine). I know a lot of people who had actually done something wrong and didn't have proof of insurance with them and they were ok. Even my younger bro got pulled over for speeding once, he got a ticket for speeding and the cop didn't even ask to see his proof of insurance (which he didn't even have). How about this... if I was a middle aged man or woman, would I still have been pulled over?

On another note, did anyone just finish watching the bulls vs celtics? dammit ben gordon, its your fault the bulls lost!!

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
otherwise you'd have to be the dumbest freaking terrorist ever.
dumb terrorist? isnt that kind of redundant? i mean these are people that think theyre going to heaven for killing innocent civilians

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dumb terrorist? isnt that kind of redundant? i mean these are people that think theyre going to heaven for killing innocent civilians
You know what, man? the thing about religion is that it isn't falsifiable. People can do anything and say its in the name of their religion. If you read the quran (and I actually have it memorized), Muslims are NEVER allowed to kill an innocent person. You can't even kill an animal unless its for 1 of two reasons:
1) your life is threatened (ie. king kong is about to stomp your ass down).
2) you're hunting for food (ie. youz hunnngry and want some chikenz).

These people claiming that they're doing these acts in the name of God, have no scholars at a serious level backing their opinion. none. Its unfortunate that they paint such a bad image of a peaceful religion and its the Muslim community at large that suffers.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you get laid off for being 1/2 Black too? I guess if I was Black, I would pull the race card 24/7 as well.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, absolutely not. If I'm a cop, and I get a call that some black guy shot someone, I'm not gonna run around looking for white people, I'm gonna hunt that nigga down! lol.

When time is of the essence, obviously you have to make a call and not everything can run as smoothly as you'd like it to.

I'm referring to stereotyping and profiling on a much larger scale. If an arab blows up a building, and then all of a sudden all the airports and borders are strip searching every arab that passes by and don't care as much about anyone who is non-arab... I see that as a HUGE problem. Thats not gonna solve a god damn thing. Obviously any other arab who actually wants to bomb a building again is gonna know that they're looking for him so he's not gonna casually just walk into an airport and expect to not be questioned... otherwise you'd have to be the dumbest freaking terrorist ever. The second problem that causes, is that airport security will be so busy hunting down all the arabs that if some asian guy decides to do something, he knows they're not gonna be expecting him to be carrying a bomb for example, so it makes his job easier too... thats exactly what would happen with your way of thinking.

If the cia or fbi or whatever, actually has a lead on something, I would want them follow through with that lead for my own protection and the protection of my fellow citizens. But when you are showing up at peoples house for no reason other than the fact that their name is Mohamed or Hussein (and mind you, this has happened), I'm sorry, but if you don't see a problem with that, I cannot argue with you anymore.

I repeated this a few times already, but he definitely had a good reason to pull me over. He was a nice guy, but he didn't give me a break, (which is fine). I know a lot of people who had actually done something wrong and didn't have proof of insurance with them and they were ok. Even my younger bro got pulled over for speeding once, he got a ticket for speeding and the cop didn't even ask to see his proof of insurance (which he didn't even have). How about this... if I was a middle aged man or woman, would I still have been pulled over?

On another note, did anyone just finish watching the bulls vs celtics? dammit ben gordon, its your fault the bulls lost!!

at the time we were unaware as to if the attacks were over... so if profiling arabs means someone smuggles a little extra weed in because they are not being focused on due to being non-arab im not going to lose sleep over that.. we were in everything short of lock down..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

i have many cops who are friends and family.. and i will tell you this.. sure no one MAKES them be a cop.. but at the end of the day.. if you are minding your own business cops are there to HELP you.. and all too often we b***h and moan about them and how unfair they are.. house is broken into? car is stolen? etc.. whos coming to help you? THE POLICE but yet we are SO quick to bash them and complain when they do their jobs and issue us tickets.. SURE many tickets are stupid.. but in the end of the day he is JUST there doing his job.. putting a roof over his family's head and food on the table... i just respect that fact.. and wish people would cut them a little more slack.. and sure i get that there are a*****e ones.. im obviously not talking about them... ;)

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You guys have got to be kididng me. Another 5 page thread of people arguing back and forth about insignificant bulllshit?

Hopefully CC can unbunch its panties soon and stop arguing about every little thing.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Good read. I feel sorry that now you have to wake up and go to court (probably at 8 in the morning) because the police in your town has nothing better to do. I really don't understand why cops have to do this type of s**t, I understand that he was probably looking for that stolen car but he could've f**king let you go after checking your registration. Obviously you were the f**king owner, but no. He had to waste 40 minutes of your valuable time and give you a little ticket (probably just to make his quota), not to even mention he could've spent all that time looking for that stolen car. Assuming that was even the case...I'm leaning more towards the race thing right now.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did you get laid off for being 1/2 Black too? I guess if I was Black, I would pull the race card 24/7 as well.
lol, no no. I wish I was laid off, at least I'd have some sort of severance package! I originally had an 8-month co-op work term and they cut it short to 4 months. They ended up laying off around 60 people I think.

I got "outstanding" on my formal work term evaluation and 3 references. I enjoyed working there and the pay was really good for a students... especially considering the economy and all. My supervisor and manager were pleased with my work and it was a choice that came from head office to get rid of all the co-op students. My supervisor encouraged me to apply full time when I'm done school and she was certain my chances would be good since I now have some experience. I'm just happy that it wasn't because I did a shitty job or anything. I don't mind taking the summer off if I don't find another job. I need to chill for a bit =)

Good read. I feel sorry that now you have to wake up and go to court (probably at 8 in the morning) because the police in your town has nothing better to do. I really don't understand why cops have to do this type of s**t, I understand that he was probably looking for that stolen car but he could've f**king let you go after checking your registration. Obviously you were the f**king owner, but no. He had to waste 40 minutes of your valuable time and give you a little ticket (probably just to make his quota), not to even mention he could've spent all that time looking for that stolen car. Assuming that was even the case...I'm leaning more towards the race thing right now.
Honestly, when I created this thread, I wasn't looking to start an argument. the race thing was more of a joke than anything else and i thought that was obvious. Me and my friends make fun of stereotypes such as "black people steal" all the time. This is clearly a much bigger problem in the US than it is up here. The only thing that I don't really understand is why the office would tell me how to have the charge dropped instead of not giving me a ticket in the first place. Just seems like a waste of everyones time. Btw, I have a clean driving record, but this was my 3rd time being pulled over.

i have many cops who are friends and family.. and i will tell you this.. sure no one MAKES them be a cop.. but at the end of the day.. if you are minding your own business cops are there to HELP you.. and all too often we b***h and moan about them and how unfair they are.. house is broken into? car is stolen? etc.. whos coming to help you? THE POLICE but yet we are SO quick to bash them and complain when they do their jobs and issue us tickets.. SURE many tickets are stupid.. but in the end of the day he is JUST there doing his job.. putting a roof over his family's head and food on the table... i just respect that fact.. and wish people would cut them a little more slack.. and sure i get that there are a*****e ones.. im obviously not talking about them... ;)
I hear what ur saying, and I'm glad to know that there are people who think outside the box the way you do. If you wanna hear a story about a cop actually hooking someone up, ask me about the second time i was pulled over.

SnowCivic

5+ Year Member
You guys have got to be kididng me. Another 5 page thread of people arguing back and forth about insignificant bulllshit?

Hopefully CC can unbunch its panties soon and stop arguing about every little thing.
Agreed. I'm glad some people didn't bother reading the bottom of the OP's post. It clearly says

jokes. obviously I wasn't actually pulled over because of my skin colour (at least I hope not!). someone reported a stolen car that looked like mine.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

If you think racial profiling is "insignificant bullshit", I'd have to assume that you have never been a victim of it.

You dont say lol....:D
haha, you know how we roll. Tupac is a freaking legend man. His lyrics actually had meaning. I love old school rap. I dont mind myself some biggie and run dmc from time to time either. this new mainstream s**t is garbage in comparison. Has good beats, though!

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you think racial profiling is "insignificant bullshit", I'd have to assume that you have never been a victim of it.

haha, you know how we roll. Tupac is a freaking legend man. His lyrics actually had meaning. I love old school rap. I dont mind myself some biggie and run dmc from time to time either. this new mainstream s**t is garbage in comparison. Has good beats, though!

DO THE STANKY LEG! DO THE STANKY LEG!

Soulja boy, Tell em!

:oops:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You yourself said that this was NOT the case here. So you're arguing about the non-topic of this thread. I call that insignificant bullshit.

For the record, I have been confronted with racism, so I know what it's like.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just picked up my first car I ever bought from my parents house in NC this past week. Had the title and plates transfered back into my name. But before I left the house that morning I called my insurance company and insured my car. I had them fax over the proof of insurance so I can drive it that day. I even got a temporary plate for it since I was driving out of state with it. I made sure everything was 100% legal before I got behind the wheel of that car. I learned my lesson when I got pulled in Nov. 8 months preggers and was handed a $285 ticket for no proof of insurance. Jesse White can lick my shitty ass now! :lol: ;)

In all honesty, I think this thread was mainly about why he got pulled over and not because of the thread title. The title was a joke to get your attention and post up your "oops" moment opinions. :roll:

If it makes you feel any better no one white came through my lane at work because they thought I was messican and had the swine flu. :roll: Hell I was whiter than most of them! Ugh, being Italian-American is such a tough job. :cool:

Oh heres a stereotype.... I had to take my daughter to the ER Friday night because I was clipping her fingernails and snipped some skin instead since she was moving around alot. So she was bleeding on one finger for 2 hours and it wasn't stopping. I called her doctors office and got an "on-call" doctor whom told me to just take her to the ER instead of telling me what to do to make it stop or a cerrtain way to put pressure on the booboo. So there I am the only white person in the ER. Everyone else had a mask on in the waiting room. You can take a wild guess what nationality was surrounding me. :lol: Oh and by the time it was our turn to see a doctor an hour later, her finger finally clotted. But I discovered she's lacking Vitamin K due to this situation. :oops:

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh heres a stereotype.... I had to take my daughter to the ER Friday night because I was clipping her fingernails and snipped some skin instead since she was moving around alot. So she was bleeding on one finger for 2 hours and it wasn't stopping. I called her doctors office and got an "on-call" doctor whom told me to just take her to the ER instead of telling me what to do to make it stop or a cerrtain way to put pressure on the booboo. So there I am the only white person in the ER. Everyone else had a mask on in the waiting room. You can take a wild guess what nationality was surrounding me. :lol: Oh and by the time it was our turn to see a doctor an hour later, her finger finally clotted. But I discovered she's lacking Vitamin K due to this situation. :oops:
Should have called me connie........