I thought these werent for sale yet?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I want one :cry:. even if you can't rip it on the steets and has a speed limiter at 112. i don't care what anyone says.

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've heard that also, and the computer seems to be a b***h. For now.

I know most people love the R34, but the R33 is still my favorite.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it's everywhere, there was thread on here about it, search it.

The ECU keeps a log about EVERYTHING too. and you can CHANGE almost close to nothing on it.

...:cry:
You're right, I forgot that CC has an expert on everything:roll:. Since GTR info was posted on a civic forum, it must be true. If you do a bit of research, you would find that most of that is bullshit, or is only applicable to the japanese model due to their strict emissions standards.

The test car that road&track drove ran an 11.8 1/4 mile at something like 116, so that right there blows your speed limiter theory out of the water.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I saw this today in a parking lot. It shocked me. I mean I live in Tennessee, I wasnt expecting to see a new GTR at a shopping center in the rain.

nice celica :thumbs up

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You're right, I forgot that CC has an expert on everything:roll:. Since GTR info was posted on a civic forum, it must be true. If you do a bit of research, you would find that most of that is bullshit, or is only applicable to the japanese model due to their strict emissions standards.

The test car that road&track drove ran an 11.8 1/4 mile at something like 116, so that right there blows your speed limiter theory out of the water.

well actually i got it off a magazine at the store the other day too where they reviewed one and said most of what i said, i forgot what magazine, it could of been a JDM GT-R then. but then again you said in road&track it ran a 116mph trap, well that's where the limiter can be disabled, for running it on the track, because that was the purpose.

Bruckhoff_34

Built not baught
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well actually i got it off a magazine at the store the other day too where they reviewed one and said most of what i said, i forgot what magazine, it could of been a JDM GT-R then. but then again you said in road&track it ran a 116mph trap, well that's where the limiter can be disabled, for running it on the track, because that was the purpose.
X2 was going to post this but you beat me too it.

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It doesn't work that way. Of course, if you would run a search you could probably find that out. There aren't any crazy devices that stop you from putting new rims on your GTR and s**t like that. Why would anyone manufacture a $70,000 "supercar" and ECU limit it to the top speed of a civic?

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It doesn't work that way. Of course, if you would run a search you could probably find that out. There aren't any crazy devices that stop you from putting new rims on your GTR and s**t like that. Why would anyone manufacture a $70,000 "supercar" and ECU limit it to the top speed of a civic?
So they can save money on the warranty. If its not abused, things wont break therefore saving Nissan alot of money.

AlanZ

5+ Year Member
let's hope with the hideous looks this thing has, it can make more power than the R34.

Can't the R34 driveline hold up to like 1000WHP with no more than a clutch really? Of all the spec sheets I've read, I've never seen rebuilt trannies other than putting the ones that are like tiptronic, (i forget the name synchronic or something?) and i've never read anything about axles or diffs even... Time will tell I guess.