I usually don't share things...

00ciivic

My civic is slow.
But this will make me and a lot of other people really happy.

Sorry for size of picture. I had to zoom in to read it

DMaldonado93

i say they should let the shooter dress back up as the joker then have christian bale dress like batman and beat the f**k out of him!

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not Christian Bale's fault some lunatic did that. Even if he is a little off as an actor and person in general himself, but it would be a great publicity stunt for him and a chance to rack in even more money.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK, so every bad thing that ever happens to someone, if it pertains to a celeb in any way, he/she should go visit those people.

Let's flip the tables. We have had 100's of thousands of men and some women defend our country, yet hardly any civilians visit them to brighten their day, and show them the respect they deserve.

We put too much time into the stupid s**t, I swear. A comic character is not a hero. It's a f**king picture out of a book that was put onto a big screen that people become infatuated with.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've serviced enough of my country men. As a married woman, I don't need to continue that. :lol:

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OK, so every bad thing that ever happens to someone, if it pertains to a celeb in any way, he/she should go visit those people.

Let's flip the tables. We have had 100's of thousands of men and some women defend our country, yet hardly any civilians visit them to brighten their day, and show them the respect they deserve.

We put too much time into the stupid s***, I swear. A comic character is not a hero. It's a f***ing picture out of a book that was put onto a big screen that people become infatuated with.
I think it's more of the idea of superheroes standing up for morality and justice, rather than the iconic figure themselves, that inspires people. At least, that's how it started anyway.

As far as military goes, I agree, we have a lot of people that put their lives on the line and get nothing in return.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it's more of the idea of superheroes standing up for morality and justice, rather than the iconic figure themselves, that inspires people. At least, that's how it started anyway.

As far as military goes, I agree, we have a lot of people that put their lives on the line and get nothing in return.
We have real life superheros standing up for us everyday since this country was founded. It's called our military.

While I may not always agree with WHY the government sends our troops to where ever, those men and women are doing something most of this country wouldn't. That should be inspiration alone.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
We have real life superheros standing up for us everyday since this country was founded. It's called our military.

While I may not always agree with WHY the government sends our troops to where ever, those men and women are doing something most of this country wouldn't. That should be inspiration alone.
The military is perceived as a necessity and a job, rather than a call to arms like it used to be. Superheroes have extraordinary powers that set them apart from the norm (for the most part). I think kids/people connect MORE with this. Take Peter Parker/Spiderman for example. He was a nerdy kid with a messed up social life, then he was bitten by a radioactive spider that gave him super powers. All of a sudden, he was different. He had an edge over everyone else,and had to learn to deal with the responsibilities this comes along with. This is something I think everyone can relate to at least partially in their lives.

Batman on the other hand, is a regular guy with no powers, just ingenuity (and ridiculously deep pockets). I think people relate more to Batman, simply because he isn't special. He's a regular guy, and he's still a badass. He represents ordinary, regular people rising up to overcome adversity.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
maybe he could quit filmz, and just visit people around the world dressed as batman. like this kids who die daily in africa and other parts of the world.

Oh wait...it doesnt happen unless it happens in the good ol US OF A :???:
Get out troll. The USA gives more to countries in need than any other country in the world.

:roll:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I used to feel the same way as kelly but not so much anymore. Like when Whitney Houston died, there were pictures floating around showing kids over in Africa basically all bone and starving saying something about no one crying for them. Yeah, I understand where people are coming from when they say things like that, but it's a completely different situation / scenario. We weren't raised in a poor country where we couldnt eat for days, where a home was wherever you could find to sleep, or whatever. We weren't exposed to such conditions. We were raised listening to Whitney Houston and believing what a beautiful voice she had. And I'm willing to bet, most of the people that b***h and whine about things like that, have never donated a penny or helped a cause for those kids. So comparing Whitney Houstons death to starving kids deaths is like comparing apples to oranges. Don't get me wrong, I feel saddened when I see those kids, but that doesn't mean it's more right to feel bad for them than it is to feel bad for someone else.

And with this batman dealio... I'm assuming most of us were raised reading comic books and watching cartoons about superhero's. We weren't raised reading articles about dying soldiers or war. At least I wasn't lol. Different situation, different conditions.

I think it's retarded to send Bale to visit the injured. Bad s**t happens in this world or country every single day. Then when some people get shot at a movie, everyone makes a big deal out of it. Yes, I agree with Kelly in the sense that we focus on the wrong s**t in this country. Like who gives a flying f**k about Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise breaking up. Every store I go to, I see magazines plastered with the story. Maybe if this world focused on things that mattered in this country, kids wouldn't be raised being so oblivious to everything that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I used to feel the same way as kelly but not so much anymore. Like when Whitney Houston died, there were pictures floating around showing kids over in Africa basically all bone and starving saying something about no one crying for them. Yeah, I understand where people are coming from when they say things like that, but it's a completely different situation / scenario. We weren't raised in a poor country where we couldnt eat for days, where a home was wherever you could find to sleep, or whatever. We weren't exposed to such conditions. We were raised listening to Whitney Houston and believing what a beautiful voice she had. And I'm willing to bet, most of the people that b**** and whine about things like that, have never donated a penny or helped a cause for those kids. So comparing Whitney Houstons death to starving kids deaths is like comparing apples to oranges. Don't get me wrong, I feel saddened when I see those kids, but that doesn't mean it's more right to feel bad for them than it is to feel bad for someone else.

And with this batman dealio... I'm assuming most of us were raised reading comic books and watching cartoons about superhero's. We weren't raised reading articles about dying soldiers or war. At least I wasn't lol. Different situation, different conditions.

I think it's retarded to send Bale to visit the injured. Bad s*** happens in this world or country every single day. Then when some people get shot at a movie, everyone makes a big deal out of it. Yes, I agree with Kelly in the sense that we focus on the wrong s*** in this country. Like who gives a flying f*** about Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise breaking up. Every store I go to, I see magazines plastered with the story. Maybe if this world focused on things that mattered in this country, kids wouldn't be raised being so oblivious to everything that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:word: I would get s**t from my friends CONSTANTLY for not feeling guilty about kids in other countries starving. It's sad, and it sucks, and I wish those kids didn't have to deal with that, but we aren't the world police (even though our government seems to think otherwise...). We have to take care of our own, before we can take care of others. We're in a huge hole because we can't keep our noses out of other peoples' business as it is.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The military is perceived as a necessity and a job, rather than a call to arms like it used to be. Superheroes have extraordinary powers that set them apart from the norm (for the most part). I think kids/people connect MORE with this. Take Peter Parker/Spiderman for example. He was a nerdy kid with a messed up social life, then he was bitten by a radioactive spider that gave him super powers. All of a sudden, he was different. He had an edge over everyone else,and had to learn to deal with the responsibilities this comes along with. This is something I think everyone can relate to at least partially in their lives.

Batman on the other hand, is a regular guy with no powers, just ingenuity (and ridiculously deep pockets). I think people relate more to Batman, simply because he isn't special. He's a regular guy, and he's still a badass. He represents ordinary, regular people rising up to overcome adversity.
I can name a few people on this forum that were nerdy/unsocialized kids with rotten parents, that are now in the military and souring in their positions.

I was a child that came from rotten parents and household, beaten and abused. I didn't resort to make believe comics for something to look up to, I looked at the WORLD, and the PEOPLE that worked HARD to get where they're at, and used that to be who I am now.

So sorry that I'm such a harsh realist that make believe s**t is a joke to me and if make believe gives people hope...no wonder this country is so f**ked.

Not one time growing up did I ever think I wanted to be a super hero of some sort. I always wanted to be someone working, doing good...like every other American should be doing.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I can name a few people on this forum that were nerdy/unsocialized kids with rotten parents, that are now in the military and souring in their positions.

I was a child that came from rotten parents and household, beaten and abused. I didn't resort to make believe comics for something to look up to, I looked at the WORLD, and the PEOPLE that worked HARD to get where they're at, and used that to be who I am now.

So sorry that I'm such a harsh realist that make believe s*** is a joke to me and if make believe gives people hope...no wonder this country is so f***ed.

Not one time growing up did I ever think I wanted to be a super hero of some sort. I always wanted to be someone working, doing good...like every other American should be doing.
I had a good homelife, so it's hard for me to relate to someone who came from a rough situation. I had some very close friends who had messed up situations growing up, and they latched onto comic books/video games/superheroes as a means of escape, not necessarily as a role model. They understood the message (albeit subconsciously at that age) that these things were portraying, and I think it gave them hope that the world was a better place than what they knew. Everyone deals with their problems in their own way. There is no right and wrong way to overcome a difficult situation in my opinion. If facing the world worked for you, good for you. But it's not the same for everyone. It doesn't make anyone else weaker or worse off than you. It just means they've dealt with it their own way.