I want an AEM CAI but...

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WOW your bored... me too.

I have a AEM but only cause it was on the car when i got it... When I had my Si I just slapped and Ebay one on.. However take it from someone who has had both... They are the same. But like someone else said get a good fliter.

HyPnOtIk

Vtec Power !!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lame . Ebay sucks .

93gsrcivic

5+ Year Member
civichick said:
I have a 1994 Civic and I'm looking into getting an AEM cold air intake, but I'm not using the car for racing. It's just for me. I am wanting to know if it's worth it for me to get this? Does it truly help the cars' performance? I'm still in the process of learning about these different parts. Thanks in advance.

Kristina
Think about the future and what your end goal is. Do you want to go the extra and get the best or do you want to be an autozone ricer?

93gsrcivic

5+ Year Member
93gsrcivic said:
Think about the future and what your end goal is. Do you want to go the extra and get the best or do you want to be an autozone ricer?
If you are looking for improved sound just remove the rescognator and let it suck through the filter housing.

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
93gsrcivic said:
*sigh*

marketing > you.

a CAI is a CAI. The only differences are in the design eg: how long the pipe is, what kind of material (mandrel/crushed), diameter and what size/type of filter is used.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Inigo Montoya said:
*sigh*

marketing > you.

a CAI is a CAI. The only differences are in the design eg: how long the pipe is, what kind of material (mandrel/crushed), diameter and what size/type of filter is used.
:werd:

and aem is by no means what so ever "the best"

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eBay is mad jdm y0

silentdaredevil

Its not slow, its lag
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dunno people say they don't add much HP or torque which is true but i do notice a little better throttle response but i do have I/H/E

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
silentdaredevil said:
i dunno people say they don't add much HP or torque which is true but i do notice a little better throttle response but i do have I/H/E
if anything a CAI would be a LAGGIER response considering the air has to travel farther to the IM.

*shrug*

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i put one on and the only diff is sound imo, if it did add power it would be nothing you could feel, if you wanna get rid of your ugly airbox then get one, but if your getting it for performance then don't waste your time, like someone above said, rid out the resonator in the stock box and throw a drop in k&n and you'll get the same performance just not sound

Inigo Montoya