I Winz! :d

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no name strut bars aren't as good as most name brands because of the pivots and the materials can flex. I thought the same thing but I'll tell you my APC strut bar and Neuspeed strut bar are not the same quality at all. If you compare the two you will realize. I don't know about the muffler but I do have a suggestion about your plans with the Dropzone stuff. Rather than buying cheaper parts and paying for installation, buy better parts and save buy installing yourself. You might take a little longer to do the job but you wil have better parts and learn something. Professional installation ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Well the thing is, I rather have a warrenty so Ill be getting it installed professionally anyway. Even name brand stuff gets messed up, and I dont want to be stuck with a expensive replacement...

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SierraSonic said:
Well the thing is, I rather have a warrenty so Ill be getting it installed professionally anyway. Even name brand stuff gets messed up, and I dont want to be stuck with a expensive replacement...
civic suspention is a cake walk. u can do springs all around in like 2-3 hours w/ a autozone spring compressor. my girls bimmer suspention setup is much more complicated... and my boys benz 4-matic.... u cant even f**k w/ it cuz its all computer s**t...

honda are very easy to work on/with. having some shop install parts IMO is a waste of time, money and potential knowledge. but if u wanna go that route... have at it... also do you plan on using those drop zones w/ stock shocks? i wouldnt reccomend it... id go with a full coilover... best bang for your buck. u can get in on a group buy on HT on OMNIPOWER full coilovers for 650 shipped.... which is a steal... they retail for 850 on password... good luck

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could go without a compressor. Just need a friend to hold it down when you tighten it, lol. Or as I did mine, alone. It wasn't easy.

Umm, the dropzone are basically a full set one of the links was for shocks, and coils, the other was for cambers.

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SierraSonic said:
Umm, the dropzone are basically a full set one of the links was for shocks, and coils, the other was for cambers.
Yeah but dropzone blows. I'm not disagreeing with you on everything because I have a ebay strut bar and it is perfectly fine for my application. I'm not autoxing or anything so I'm not too concerned. I own OBX parts and stand by them 100% so no argument from me there. But dropzone just plain sucks. I would rather see you buy ebay noname coilovers than dropzone. There a few threads on HT of people who had dropzone and the sleeve just split in half. Just reasearch more than the price before you buy things man.

Im willing to take that chance, if they do rip, Ill just force them to replace it over and over, eventually they will start losing money this way. So its win win for me. Thats also why I'm going with a professional install, so they can't say its my fault.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SierraSonic said:
Im willing to take that chance, if they do rip, Ill just force them to replace it over and over, eventually they will start losing money this way. So its win win for me. Thats also why I'm going with a professional install, so they can't say its my fault.
They won't keep replacing them... you need to start using your head and research things.

Brian Spilner

Banned
dank24 said:
yea, but it isn't probably going to be as good as a name brand
unless your doing some mad jdm drift axion then you wouldnt even need worry about the chasis flexing enough to tell a difference.

i have the same exact ebay package! good call!

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just get something good and warranty shouldn't matter. Reasearch what your buying and you will be fine. I have Eibach lowering springs that I got used and are probably over 5 years old but they are fine, and don't sag at all. 99% of the time, good products dont need a warranty.

marinll

5+ Year Member
just like to say that there are a lot of unbranded products on ebay that are very good value for money, i bought an unbranded induction kit for my coupe had it for time and my m8 decided 2 go with AEM got them both on the dyno mine showed 1.2hp and 8 pounds of torque over his along with a realy good sound, still going strong, bottom line is as long as u r carefull on what u buy brand or no brand doesn't matter

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But buying a drop from e-bay I feel is just as good as taking your springs off the car, cutting them and putting them back on...

zigmon55

5+ Year Member
why dont you look around clubcivic.com and honda-tech.com for parts? or friends people always be selling s**t around ct cheap

fventura03

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
to threadstarter- been there, done that. when i first got my car, pockets were tight, any mod i could afford, i had to save for, and usually went with ebay generic stuff.

here i am, 3yrs later. i regret that s**t so bad, not only did s**t break on me, it cost me MORE to get my car working like it did before the mods, i did the bars, the springs, the intake, etc.

my words of wisdom: keep saving, you'll get there soon enough, if you still can't afford it, look around the classifieds section for used or new cheap parts.

btw, that muffler looks like s**t, and its goign to sound like s**t.

IN2deep

5+ Year Member
on the muffler jdmcarboy had some for sell like that and had soundclip somewhere on here or honda-tech one i dont remember how long back though, but it could be a diff brand than theirs,

Its your car as long as you like it im glad you got what u wanted =)