iac valve

psychewardk1d

5+ Year Member
ok well ive been havin idle and fuel probs with my 95 civic ex. i jus replaced the injectors with greddy 550 cc injectors. so i took care of the fuel pressure problem. before it had a rough idle but now it has gotten worse. so i want to know how do i get to the iac valve? or where can i adjust the idle? please help

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Since you put on bigger injectors, have you retuned your ecu? If not, you have to.

psychewardk1d

5+ Year Member
yeah man i tuned the ecu for those injectors. it was fine for one day and then the idle f**ked up again.

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Either your iacv valve is dirty (bad)/ fatv or you have a vacum leak of some sort. Right at the throtle body is two holes, that's your iacv and fatv if you have it. Try cleaning those out and if that doesn't work, get a can of starting fluid and spray around your hoses, gaskets, ect...

ReynaEG8

5+ Year Member
what is your car doing during idle? is it surging? liek vroooomm.... vrooom.... vrooom...

a lot of things can affect your idle control, air condition, brake booster, idle adjustment screw, idle air control valve, fast idle valve, pretty much anything that runs off vaccum. (words taken from all data -_^)

well if it is surging USUALLY it's due to a bad or dirty idle air control valve or a fast idle valve. a way to find out!? well take off the intake pipe. then where the throttle bodie is there will be two holes, if your vehicle is equiped with both vlaves. The Top one will be your idle air control valve, the bottom one will be your fast idle valve. Now both should actually be closed and not sucking up any vaccum. Take your finger, one at a time, and place your finger over one of the holes. IF YOU COVER BOTH YOUR CAR WILL DIE OUT. Which ever one your feel your finger get sucked into is the bad one! =P Hope i was able to help a little bit!