IACV crapping out again?

Zakk_Massacre89

are you getting idle surges? There is a video on Youtube that walks you through a couple troubleshooting issues associated with that problem. Maybe theres an issue with the fast idle? check out "ericthecarguy" on youtube. tons of DIY vids on his channel including IACV and fast idle. When in doubt, rip it out. Good luck,

sleeper si

Registered VIP
are you getting idle surges? There is a video on Youtube that walks you through a couple troubleshooting issues associated with that problem. Maybe theres an issue with the fast idle? check out "ericthecarguy" on youtube. tons of DIY vids on his channel including IACV and fast idle. When in doubt, rip it out. Good luck,
I don't know if you can call them idle surges but it comes in two flavours, one like in the youtube video where it stays more or less steady around 1600 rpms, then the second is more of a nuissance where the idle is not steady and fluctuates up and down like a roller coaster any where from 1600 rpms and then drop to about 600 rpm and then goes back up to 1600 rpms. I have built up my civic, used all new seals and gaskets, did the fast idle relearn process, checked and verified no vacuum leaks. I feel that the IACV is acting up again because it did the same last year and when i clean it, the problem was solved for a while. now it is back.
anyways i will verify all the key areas again.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
got the idle machine gunning at 1600 rpms. it does not fluctuate. maybe the temperatures becoming milder about 3 degrees celcius has something to do with this?