IAT question

94EG_

Boats N' Hoes !!
5+ Year Member
I did a Y8 swap on my D16Z6 and everything runs great. But I noticed that when I was plugging the sensors back that the IAT from the Z6 is on the mani and the IAT on the Y8 is on the intake tube (no place on the mani for it to screw into) So I left the IAT off and the harness was plugged into nothing. It gave me a CEL. So I plugged the IAT onto the harness and just let it hang loose ( IAT not connected to anything just plugged into harness) After that the CEL went away.

I'am just curious if having the IAT not hooked into the mani will hurt performance at all. I can't hear or feel any difference in the car. Also on the same harness as the IAT there is another plug that connects to a black sensor on the rear of the Z6 manifold on top that has a vacuum line to it. Its not the MAP or anything like that its a sensor on top of the Z6 mani to the far right. Have no idea what it is but Its not plugged in, no CEL so go figure.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The black thing with the vacuum line has no bearing on performance, but emissions so if you have no emissions to worry about just leave it hanging, But your fix for the Iat sensor could be drill a hole in the intake manifold and thread 2 holes in it and seal it, or use a y8 iat sensor and plug and just put it into the intake tube.

94EG_

Boats N' Hoes !!
5+ Year Member
The black thing with the vacuum line has no bearing on performance, but emissions so if you have no emissions to worry about just leave it hanging, But your fix for the Iat sensor could be drill a hole in the intake manifold and thread 2 holes in it and seal it, or use a y8 iat sensor and plug and just put it into the intake tube.
Does the Y8 have the same connector plug as the Z6 so I can just plug it right in ? Also I have a CAI will the Y8 IAT fit in it ok ?

94EG_

Boats N' Hoes !!
5+ Year Member
I just did some research and I'am going to have to use the Z6 IAT cause my harness wont plug into a Y8 IAT. Also I think the best way would be to plug it into the Intake tube. Since its a CAI where do you think the best place on the tube would be to get optimal temperatures for the vtec crossover.