idle drops while in gear at stop

89hatchrider

the shadow conspiracy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any clue?
92 5speed idles in neutral fine but while driveing and stop in first it eithor drops extremely low or like just now when i got home it dies!!!!!
tps, tb, or fuel filter is my guess but i want to be certin befor i go buying stuff, any help is great thanks

RonJ

Banned
Avoid replacing parts at random. That gets expensive.

Any CEL codes? How old are the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor? Have you inspected them?

If all the above is fine, then definitely try cleaning the IACV on throttle body, as was already mentioned.

89hatchrider

the shadow conspiracy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok thanks ill try that and see
plugs and wires are brand new car runs perfect besids this problem havent checked cap and rotor yet but ill try the iavc and hope thats the case thanks

stickeyrice84

5+ Year Member
i had that smae problem, here is how i tested mine took the intake pipe off and stuck one of my fingers in one of the open hole of the trottle body which 1 is for the fast idle and the other 1 is for the iavc, the bottom 1 is for the fast idle and the top is for the iavc, which ever hole u plug with ur finger and the motor dies is ur faulty part

Last edited by a moderator:

RonJ

Banned
i had that smae problem, here is how i tested mine took the intake pipe off and stuck one of my fingers in one of the open hole of the trottle body which 1 is for the fast idle and the other 1 is for the iavc, the bottom 1 is for the fast idle and the top is for the iavc, which ever hole u plug with ur finger and the motor dies is ur faulty part
This test can be informative for a high or fluctuating idle problem but not a low idle problem.