Idle ? Help plz

Mugen23

5+ Year Member
Alright well i just changed out my CFK Sensor and my Idle Air Control Valve, well once i got done with that my RPM's stay at 2,000 and drops to 1,500 and then back to 2,000, anyone know what this is? i will post a video to go with it. as soon as it uploads so you can see what im talking about.

RonJ

Banned
Any CEL codes? Check for a disconnected vacuum hose. Did you remove the TB or IM?

When you disconnect any coolant hoses, like those on the IACV, the cooling system must be bled. Air in the cooling system also can cause a hunting idle.

Mugen23

5+ Year Member
No theres no CEL codes, and i checked the Vacuum hose its fine, and im bleeding the cooling system now, it dropped down from 2.000 to about 1,300 i need to get my timing done , but its still goes from about 1,000 to 1,500 and goes up and down.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is it stock or tuned ECU?

Mugen23

5+ Year Member
Why did you replace the IACV and CKF sensor?

Does the CEL work?
Because my check engine lite was on and i got it read and the 2 codes were my IACV and CKF sensor and yeah the CEL works

RonJ

Banned
Did you bleed the cooling system? If so, any effects?

You also might try adjusting the idle screw on the throttle body as detailed in the service manual.

Mugen23

5+ Year Member
Did you bleed the cooling system? If so, any effects?

You also might try adjusting the idle screw on the throttle body as detailed in the service manual.
Yeah it dropped the idle a little bit but still does the same thing, yeah im going to try to adjust the idle screw i downloaded the manual. thanks man for your help :thumbs up

Mugen23

5+ Year Member
well my check engine lite just came back on its my IACV i don't know what it is tho i bleed the cooling system, i checked the hoses and its a brand new IACV i just changed it, anything else i can check?