If you could live anywhere in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Like the title says. If you could live anywhere in the US, where would it be, and legitimately why? (job, climate, outdoor hobby, scenery, etc)

I'm not looking for "California so I can get high legally" or something retarded like that. Where would you want to settle down?

Even though this is in OT, I'd like to see how mature and on track we could actually keep this. (far fetched hope i know)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Personally, I've never really been to "big" cities other than Washington and New York City. But I think I would like to try living in LA for the climate and job opportunities (and with that, more motivation to pursue a music career).

If that doesn't work, I'd like to settle down in a small quiet area in the middle of no where (still relatively close to a city to be able to shop for food, clothes, etc.) with a good chunk of land. To shoot guns, maybe raise some crops, build a big barn, etc.

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
Arizona I go there every year Weather is perfect its growing and houses are dirt cheap down there. Lots of mountains to go hiking as it grows more job opportunities.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If that doesn't work, I'd like to settle down in a small quiet area in the middle of no where (still relatively close to a city to be able to shop for food, clothes, etc.) with a good chunk of land. To shoot guns, maybe raise some crops, build a big barn, etc.
^^this. My Gf lives on a with her parents and grandparents in Someset TX (45 mins south of San Antonio) and you pretty much described it perfectly. I've gone shooting out there rode 4 wheelers, shot of butt loads of fire works fun stuff like that :D and her Grandpa has a work shop with a car lift and pretty much any tool you'll ever need. One of these days I want a place like that

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Personally, I've never really been to "big" cities other than Washington and New York City. But I think I would like to try living in LA for the climate and job opportunities (and with that, more motivation to pursue a music career).

You were adopted by white people, weren't you?

I personally would love to move to Portland, Seattle, or somewhere on the eastcoast, more northeast, possibly New England states area. I prefer big cities, and I want a cooler climate along or near a coast. I don't do well with heat. I love how lush the NW is, I love the hustle/bustle of the NE. I don't particularly like the cold, but I've endured it all my life, and I'll take it over intense heat.

Seattle's real estate is doing well, job market is still OK too. Austin is on my list for how beautiful it is and both job and housing markets are doing well, but it's the heat that detours me.

Oh, and contrary to what everyone thinks, Seattle does NOT receive the most rain per year in the US. :cool:
•Mobile, Ala.: 67 inches average annual rainfall; 59 average annual rainy days
•Pensacola, Fla.: 65 inches average annual rainfall; 56 average annual rainy days
•New Orleans, La.: 64 inches average annual rainfall; 59 average annual rainy days
•West Palm Beach, Fla.: 63 inches average annual rainfall; 58 average annual rainy days
•Lafayette, La.: 62 inches average annual rainfall; 55 average annual rainy days
•Baton Rouge, La.: 62 inches average annual rainfall; 56 average annual rainy days
•Miami, Fla.: 62 inches average annual rainfall; 57 average annual rainy days
•Port Arthur, Texas: 61 inches average annual rainfall; 51 average annual rainy days
•Tallahassee, Fla.: 61 inches average annual rainfall; 56 average annual rainy days
•Lake Charles, La.: 58 inches average annual rainfall; 50 average annual rainy days

Relocating to another part of the country WILL happen for me, and hopefully within the next year. I've already dropped everything and moved once in my life, I'm ready to do it again, but to experience a different part of the country.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd prefer living about 30 minutes from where I live currently, in a section of Orlando called Dr. Phillips.

I love Orlando - I love the fact that there is so much to do here, and the weather isn't bad... But my section of Orlando isn't the nicest looking, nor is it the best place to settle down due to college students and crime rates. Dr. Phillips has all of the amenities of Orlando, but the section of the city looks much nicer, and crime rates are much lower. The schools are better too.

The downside... it's a little expensive to live over there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Phillips,_Florida

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You were adopted by white people, weren't you?
I've grown up with white people more than 90% of my life. They've had the biggest influence on me. I wish I was white lol.

Don't move to NY. We're one of the worst states for taxes. Even the surrounding states. Rhode Island, New Jersey....

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Location: Northern East cost, like where I'm at now. Close to the shore and major cities, decent amount to do.
Weather: One of the Carolina's.
Culture: Arizona. They seem to have their sh*t together.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i prefer exactly where i am,iv been alot of places in this great country, and i love where i was born and raised and would not trade it for s**t

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
On the coast in VA between Richmond and the ocean somewhere. Not to many people surrounding me with a chunk of land, but a major city is less than 2hrs away

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Maybe a little more south of where I livd now or Arkansas near little rock
Weather stays nice I like hot summers. Arkansas has the scenery and hot springs. Louisiana for the food. Job I can get anywhere.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like it here in North Carolina. We've got the beach, we've got the mountains, and we've got perfect weather.

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honestly, I love living here in Alabama. I just wish there was a bigger car scene(such as Florida) other than domestics.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
word. alabama is great for the most part

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not really sure on this one. I loved Charlotte when I was down there visiting a friend. Great area but I'm a fan of cold weather. Like nature as well so upstate New York wouldn't seem bad but I have never been there. Same with Colorado and the west. Basically I am really undecided on where I would want to live.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would live in jackson center, Ohio. i even have a house picked out that i want. just praying that the guy defaults on his loan, or it comes up for sale when im ready to buy. i come from a big family and we are all really close, lived in jackson for 4 generations, farming around 500 acres and growing. small town ( i hate cities, with a passion, nice to visit but i would never live there).

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honestly, I love living here in Alabama. I just wish there was a bigger car scene(such as Florida) other than domestics.
word. alabama is great for the most part
Bama's great but too much bible talk for me.

I've lived in NY, Kent, Fl and now Bama. They all have goods and bads. Next summer I'll be in Atl and we'll see how it goes there.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Would love to live in the Bentonville/Fayetteville/Ft. Smith Arkansas area.

Dont need to give a reason. If u have never been there, you wouldnt undertsand...

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Would love to live in the Bentonville/Fayetteville/Ft. Smith Arkansas area.

Dont need to give a reason. If u have never been there, you wouldnt undertsand...
It is awesome there I lived in conway and drove to ft smith quite often beautiful place and surrounding towns

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk