Im a honda noob:)

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just turned 16 and got myself a 89 civic dx hatch for 1600 bucks with 73000 miles. I am new to the tuning seen and need to know what i should do with it. I was thinking rims first, then lower it, then a exhaust, then maybe a b16 or b18 swap but im not sure.

Help me out!

civic94lx

Banned
Nice find! I recommend you fix your interior first(seats, other bling) because it's cheaper. That would make your interior look clean. After that, if you already have money you can start with the rims or your exterior body paint (if you wanna change the color or paint the bumpers).

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was thinking on the subject of rims and you think some mugens or some old bbs ones would keep the stock look to it?

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
stock lights and some 15" koings gunmetal or black lowered on skunk 2 is nice set up and maybe a front lip. quiet exhaust too nothing to farty... lol thats the basics and will look tight!!! not everything should stay stock... just don't make it rediculous

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do what you want to it. But for sure the stock lights and the seats. Is the exterior like a creme color or is my head just not distinguishing color from running for soccer for three hours? I'm 16 too.

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah its almond cream, its stock i was guna go black but black is so over used on efs so anyone want to help me out with some paint choices?? I found some stock headlights for 100 each but thats way to steep for some headlights could someone help me find some i looked every where? Oh and the seats are supposed to run me 300 - 500 dollars so if i could find some that are in good shape i would pay like 200 for them, could i get some help?

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get rid of theose headlights and those seat, then lower it an put some wheels on it, then do a mpfi swap i promise youll thank me later once you do that plus youll have to do it if you everywanna swap anything but a d series in, oh and if you plan to stay d series get an si cable tranny will greatly improve your acceleration

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ohhhhhh CREAM! I would SO love to have bought that hehe

skittle_107

touge
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
stock everything except lower it maybe on stock wheels. replace the seats with the same color ones.
that'd be sick