im a lil lost obd2 to obd1

DxHatchGirl

ZC for the time being!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok well i have a 92 hatch, an i =m putting in a 98 h22 which is obd2 an as u all knw an eg is obd1 so do i change out the dizzy, injectors, an alt?

cause the last time i bought a motor it was a 97 b20b an i jus used all my obd1 b18 stuff an bolted it on an it worked, so plz help me out here

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check out rywire.com they have alot of good info for you

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ok your going to need to find obd1 injectors, an alternator, and a dizzy. if you didnt wanna do that you can use an obd2 wire harness then just get an obd1 to obd2 conversion harness and run an obd1 ecu. if you do get all those obd1 parts tho, you can just use an obd1 harness

it might be cheaper just to use the obd2 harness and find an obd1 ecu and conversion harness...imo thats what id do, thats what i did in my hatch

hope that helps!

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i went the opposite way with my hatch. i went from obd2 to obd1 and all i needed was a ecu jumper harness and dizzy jumper harness and had to use an obd2 intake mani

khooper

5+ Year Member
Performance tuning is a major part of what we do here and a key component in our arsenal of automotive diagnostic equipment is the EASE software scan tool for reading sensor info (or other data such as ignition timing advance) from vehicle data ports (OBD I and OBD II).

newtron63h

5+ Year Member
i DEFINITELY suggest doing what it takes to have OBDII. the information differences are night and day. as a tech, i cant tell you how much easier it is to diagnose a vehicle with obdII as opposed to obd or obdI. just today on a nissan, a car came in with a complaint of poor fuel economy and smoke from the tailpipe. within 5 minutes i knew that the O2 sensor on bank 1 had some kind of circuit problem simply by looking at the data stream with the engine running. the connector terminal had backed out, FIXED in 10 minutes.