I'm a new owner of a 93 Civic B-18!

smitty606

So, I picked up this 93 Civic about a week ago off of a friend for 1500 bucks. It's got 114 thousand miles on it. It has a B18 engine, some suspension upgrades, and some terrible chrome rims ( I HATE chrome lol). I've never really knew anything about Hondas, since this is my first one, but I'm slowly figuring everything out haha. I have no clue what a B18 engines, but I've seen posts on here about swaps. I've owned a few hatchbacks and I'm about positive that this is the quickest and best handling than my SVT focus AND SS cobalt! I love this thing! I took a few pictures after I washed it. Here they are:

Let me know what you guys think! And some good mods for a B-18? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For that b18, if you're mechanically inclined or know of a shop you trust, I'd suggest a vtec head. I personally like these with a quick transmission like a b16 trans, civic type r, or Integra type r trans.

Your engine already has some cheap bolt ons added to it, so replacing those with better ones won't help much

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

yevangelis

eg ek ek
pshhhh just do a tune up if necessary and drive that jank

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's a simple down to the point engine. you'll learn quick.

smitty606

I honestly don't want to boost it right now. Maybe later down the road. I have plans on a little simpler upgrades like brakes, rotors, clutch, flywheel, and fuel/ spark. And obviously getting different wheels and tires lol.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I honestly don't want to boost it right now. Maybe later down the road. I have plans on a little simpler upgrades like brakes, rotors, clutch, flywheel, and fuel/ spark. And obviously getting different wheels and tires lol.
Yeah, give the engine a tune-up and do the necessary maintenance on the rest of the car.