Im back and considering buying a new project but need some opinions

DMaldonado93

I considering buying a 00 B16a 5speed Swap but the bad thing is "the car runs but it should be trailered because it stalls and doesn't want to start again unless it cools down and sits for a while" and the seller also said "he engine was cleaned before I bought it and I seen no oil when I went to test drive it but some gasket or seals are bad and it leaks oil pretty bad it does have an r title"

Im thinking i can get this for about 1000-1500 but im not sure what would be going on causing the problem. Thats where I come to yinz for some help or opinions on what it could be and if I should stay away because of the R-title or not? Any help would be appreciated.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
R title means all the work was already done. It was a theft or salvage title, which are a pain in the ass to get sorted out. Once they are sorted out, the car can be registered with a Rebuilt title, and generally, it's not an issue to register, etc. It's more of a red flag for people buying it, like, hey man, some s**t went down with this car.

As far as the engine goes, it all depends on your mechanical skills and your willingness to get your hands dirty, or have someone look into it. If the shell is in good shape and the block isn't blown to pieces, it might be worth having a mechanic check out and fix up.