Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got told you cannot install HIDs LOL

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
working on my car or friends cars is fine, i can normally make the best out of it. but i dont want to make a career working on complete strangers cars, trying to fix their bullshit.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
working on my car or friends cars is fine, i can normally make the best out of it. but i dont want to make a career working on complete strangers cars, trying to fix their bullshit.
X2:word:

There is a lot of s**t I like doing cause it's mine, but to do it for a living and deal with strangers s**t is lame and would get very annoying after a while.

Don't get me wrong, there will always be cars to fix until the Flying Nikes take the world by storm and become more mainstream...

:lol:

ryanM

yea working on cars sucks.

its ok as a hobby but as a career i could never do it. i work as a tech for my summer job and thats plenty for me.

modding cars is so much different than fixing them...

but you take the ups with the downs...

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What about becoming a mechanic in a shop that rebuilds engines, transmissions, or even a performance shop?

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
repairing cars isn't that bad.. i don't want to do it forever though.
but when something doesn't go my way, tools start flying across the shop.:lol:
i decided i'm going to be a shop teacher :thumbup:

KoketsuCivicSi

MySpace Whore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyway you could just remove the passenger side door panel and see how the locking cylinder looks from that side?

5thGenCX

long gearing owns me.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ever since I can remember, all I have ever wanted to do was be a Mechanic. I'll be graduating in May and shortly after will be taking the ASE test. In my opinion, it's something you have to really want to do, it can be damn frustrating sometimes, but I look at it as a challenge, because I know when I get the job done right and the customer is satisfied, i'll feel that much better about my work, and i'll want to keep going. I try not to let a tough job get me down, but i'll admit I have had my moments. That's just how I feel, but everyone is different.

ryanM

Man.....If I gave up after every bump in the road when dealing with cars......I guess I wouldnt be working on ferrari's now. Just my 2 cents
you say that like working on ferraris is somehow less b***h work than working on any other kind of car.

call me when you are the one who works on his OWN ferrari.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you say that like working on ferraris is somehow less b***h work than working on any other kind of car.

Or Mercedes or Cadillac...one of Cadillac's cars required removing 42 bolts to uninstall a front driver's fender....:shock:

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when you get pissed off and frustrated the best thing is to just walk away for a little or stop for the night. come back and your head is clear and your not pissed anymore. a couple beers and a few smokes ususally does it for me. when i tore apart my tranny and had no f**king clue how to put it back together this really helped.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Typical honda way....

You plan to do a project that SHOULD be simple, get knocked out in 25-30 minutes tops, and it turns into HOURS AND HOURS of work.

But then, you plan to do a project that should be hours and hours, and its done within the hour.

I hate it, but whatever. Just take a break from it for awhile, then you'll come back feeling motivated to get work done. I actually worked on my car two consecutive nights in a row this week for the first time in the better part of 6 months :shock:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah what a b***h... I just hate working on cars now. I've lost so much of my patience with working on my car now it's about to cross 200k, stuff here and there are having problems... Just a headache now and I guess that's why I lost my interest in it. I'll probably end up putting stock stuff back on and selling it soon. Or just putting like a 100 shot of nitrous through it and blowing it up since it's probably worth next to nothing now :rolf:. Probably keep the shell though.

Went to honda today for a new key cylinder kit and it was only $45 and the guy at the desk said another tech said he'd set it up with my key for free :woot:. So it didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would. But still a b***h. I have no door panel on OR no key cylinder so I can hear all the f**king wind on the high way and I can feel all the cold air. What a b***h

bladedout

5+ Year Member

You are actually exactly right. Working on most exotics is the biggest pain in the ass I could ever imagine. Even if I could afford one I dont think theyre worth the money. Actually, if I work on my civic now I LOVE it because its ten times less complicated than the stuff I deal with at work. Thats not the point though, the title of this thread I think gives people the idea that being a mechanic sucks, when its all personal preference.