I'm having the same Low rough Idle with A/C on. But mine is in a 1996 Civic EX

The_Rookie

5+ Year Member
When the A/C is off it runs FINE. No problem.
Once the A/C is switched on it idles rough and every once in a a while it will seem to have a small "Backfire / Sputter" kinda like a Popping sound when I hit the gas. Again this only happens when the A/C is on. There are no CEL codes or lights on. And yes it does have a bulb.

Thanks in advance.

RonJ

Banned
Does the CEL work?

Does the A/C work? Is it very noisy while running?

Have you checked the ignition timing?

When was your last ignition system tune up?

The_Rookie

5+ Year Member
Does the CEL work?

Does the A/C work? Is it very noisy while running?

Have you checked the ignition timing?

When was your last ignition system tune up?
Yes the CEL does work. The a/c does work and it makes no Noise..

I haven't checked the timing... :shock:

The_Rookie

5+ Year Member
I was wondering where the service connector that I have to jump before I set time is located? I checked on the passenger side under the dash and I don't see anything. Is it the same as using the connector on the drivers side that I used to reset the SRS light???

RonJ

Banned
It's the same connector used to pull CEL codes. Behind passenger kick panel, above ECU.

The_Rookie

5+ Year Member
the thing that sucks is that I've tried to look for this connector.. and I had No Luck finding it.

RonJ

Banned
the thing that sucks is that I've tried to look for this connector.. and I had No Luck finding it.
Have you read all information at the CEL link in my signature? There are pictures that should help you locate the connector, which may be inserted into a green or blue rubber holder.