I'm looking for a d16z6. Turbo kit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayshort75

Hi does anyone have a d16z6 turbo kit for sale if so please let me know after 1 ASAP but not too expensive :D thank you

EJoe1

im looking too but i was wondering if......ebay turbos are any good or ..... if any 1 has had 1 plz post good / bad and what u did or didnt like about what u got ..... details would be nice . also wondering what if any internals u had to replace /upgrade to make it run correctly . i know a tune is a must ....i have D16z6... kits on ebay start @ about 500$$$ and go up im lookin to spend around 700-850$$$$ and i found a complete kit in that range

EJoe1

kits on ebay start @ about 500$$$ and go up im lookin to spend around 700-850$$$$ and i found a complete kit in that range

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
i would say go godspeed buy i suggest upgrading the bov and wastegate i just would not trust them. I rather suggest you save and buy a good kit.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im looking too but i was wondering if......ebay turbos are any good or ..... if any 1 has had 1 plz post good / bad and what u did or didnt like about what u got ..... details would be nice . also wondering what if any internals u had to replace /upgrade to make it run correctly . i know a tune is a must ....i have D16z6... kits on ebay start @ about 500$$$ and go up im lookin to spend around 700-850$$$$ and i found a complete kit in that range
i bought one for s***s and giggles and used it on my z6 in my old hatch. 4 years later its still running strong. but buyer beware.
i used the manifold and turbo.
ic piping had to be modified extensively
downpipe needed modifications
they do not come with any tuning software, ok i chipped and tuned on chrome after install
they do not come with any injectors, ok wired in dsm 440 injectors
the wastegate i never used, replaced with name brand
blow off valve was never used, replaced with name brand
was going to replace manifold for a more centralized wastegate area instead of only on one cylinder but sold the car before that.
also for got to add that none of the fittings were right.
return line was s**t...ok i made one out of hydraulic hose
all the hardware that came with was not right....discarded and bought my own of grade 8 bolts

never changed a damn thing internal....but like i said if you value your motor and this is the only car you have i would save up for a more respectable turbo kit, or check out homemadeturbo.com. sounds like you need to do alot more research in to the matter.

that being said the turbo itself is still strong, no play. no surges, nothing....its actually held up rather nicely

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go-autoworks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.