Im new and just got my first car this week! check it out.

alanscivic

Tell me what you think.
Its a 97 civic ex.
im 16 and dont know much about cars so tell me your opinon on what i should do to it.
Got it for 2,500

JPouliot

5+ Year Member
i like the car overall, looks pretty cool imo. One thing i noticed is that the skirts and front bumper don't really seem to lineup and you can see the points where they are attached. All i have is stock, but i would try to fix or replace those. a civic is a great car to have at 16

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
..body lines dont match up.

the hell is holding the front lip on?

alanscivic

Yea its a good car. and i noticed that in the first picture but its not really noticeable at all.
and yeah the body line is a little off.

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its a very good start doesnt need alot of outside work

alanscivic

thanks bro. some say its nice others dont like it...
but whatever i like it.
what do you think it needs or is missing ?

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks weird without the side moldings but you can't put those back on and I would get that hood painted in my opinion

CDubs

Registered VIP
dont really like the shaved door handles personally ...must suck to always have to pop it open on the key fob....not a bad start though defiantly get the hood all white again

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it has a little control. just like an alarm one.
you press the button and it pops open.
interesting. i never really knew how that thing worked lol

definitely wouldnt be practical here, sometimes the doors freeze shut and you have to pull real hard on the handle!
anyways, Id say get a different lip, skirts and paint the rest of your hood

sloth_civic

5+ Year Member
hmmm i have mixed opinions man, im a bit of a rice fan and i really like the kit but something about it just doesnt work sorry i cant tell what it is...

the shaved idea, LOVE IT! unfortunately its illegal here or i would have done it :(

the hood would be cooler if it were carbon fibre, if not paint it white...

all in all man, sweet ride! id be proud to own it... what plans do u have for it? as in, u wanna put more power or looks? show us an engine and interior shot?

alanscivic

ill post more pics tomorrow of the interior and engine.
And for the door handles its never cold in florida (only state its not snowing in right now lol)
but the shaven handles are unique so i like it.
and as for future plans i have to get a new intake filter because the one it has on is a little burned.
i need a radio that works with the ipod. i want to change the lug nuts and maybe some new rims.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...............wow!

not bad bro, not bad -at- all