im new, heres my project car back from the dead..

oldsk0ol

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
after 2 years of sitting at a friends' house next to a non-running crx, i finally got my hatch running again...for not running in 2 years, after rebuilding the starter, replacing the spark plugs, changing the oil, replacing the oil pan gasket, flushing the radiator, and fixing my loose brake problem, it now runs just as well as it did back when i was still in high school :D although it's not exactly beautiful, heres the pics (bad quality after being shrunk on cardomain)

all flames and comments welcome...btw: anyone know a better, reliable image hosting site..?

damn dent...

dont worry, it will be painted soon

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
god I love those old hatchy rims...good luck with the new/old project!

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
wtf is with your intake? is that just a paper cup taped on to your intake manifold?

zville00SI

CC's Smart ASS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
wtf is with your intake? is that just a paper cup taped on to your intake manifold?
:haha: :rolf:

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had to do a double take on the paper cup :rolf: :rolf: I'm sure that was temporary...was it? Yeah. no doubt, I like the rims.

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hhaha, prolly to keep water out, maybe there wasnt a hood on it at one time? I have no idea, its funny though - quality work

element_323

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Like Tainted Ramen, I too love those rims!!!! Your taillights are pretty sweet too. I've never seen them like that before. Try to get some Si seats in there and you'll be set just my opinion.

Ithas4wheels

comince to giggl'n
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
element_323 said:
Like Tainted Ramen, I too love those rims!!!! Your taillights are pretty sweet too. I've never seen them like that before. Try to get some Si seats in there and you'll be set just my opinion.

I thought those were HX wheels................I thisk si seats are a good investment. Also some paint.

wildest5

B16a1 CRX Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
keep up the good work (and get rid of that cup on your intake it doesn't add hp to let you know lol)

oldsk0ol

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ha, ha

my intake is a piece of s**t (was), so i trashed it and am waiting on a new one to arrive..the paper cup was on while i sprayed the cobwebs out from under the hood to keep water and other shiet out of the intake mani

thanks for the comments

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think your name says it all =)

Needs paint and you'll be straight. Maybe some new seats?
As for image hosting. Use www.imageshack.us

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
sweet, another 4g memer,and even another sporting a LS swap, welcome and keep up the good work.

EG95coupe

Not a Diehard Enthusiast
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VX RIms

Those aren't old hatchback rims, they didn't have alloys back then. Those are 92-95 Civic VX rims, I know because I have a set for my car sitting in the garage... Difference between VX rims and HX rims is that one is 13's and the other is 14s(96-00 HX). They also look a little different. God do I wish my vx rims were 15's...they look like Integra Type R rims or Circuit 8's.

EG95coupe

Not a Diehard Enthusiast
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those pictures make me want to put my vx rims back on... They look very cool on that car in my opinion. Too bad even with tein lowering springs I still have an ugly amount of wheel gap.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
EG95coupe said:
Those aren't old hatchback rims, they didn't have alloys back then. Those are 92-95 Civic VX rims, I know because I have a set for my car sitting in the garage... Difference between VX rims and HX rims is that one is 13's and the other is 14s(96-00 HX). They also look a little different. God do I wish my vx rims were 15's...they look like Integra Type R rims or Circuit 8's.
your right those aren't hatch rims for that year, but yet your wrong cause honda did have alloy's for the 88-91 model civic's, however they were accessories.

oldsk0ol

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EG95coupe said:
Those pictures make me want to put my vx rims back on... They look very cool on that car in my opinion. Too bad even with tein lowering springs I still have an ugly amount of wheel gap.
they are vx wheels, and 13s give me wheel gap in the back too..

fat fives (with the oem 4x4 tires) and webs use to look tucked in the back - older pic

see them down there....?

jspeczc - non-vtec = most underrated

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
what do you mean by:
jspeczc-non-vtec= most underrated, just curious.