im painting my D-series Valve cover

hondatunerz2002

5+ Year Member
hey watsup , guys im painting my valve cover today on my 2000 EJ8 its coming out nicely so far just going to paint it tomarrow (Black) and see how it goes anyways let me now what you think comments? -thanks >`

-later

-Anthony-

jak

shaken...... not stirred.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i've been wantin to do this to my ej8 for a while. can't wait to see how yours turns out. :thumbs up

Rayden

All Stock....For Now.
5+ Year Member
Are you Going to follow the DIY?? Post pictures Because I want to do the same thing. I will Paint mine Red though

Mythh

5+ Year Member
Funny, I am painting mine also this week, doing desert camo, looking for 1 more color of paint before I start.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I always planned on painting mine the wrinkle black, but I am too lazy.

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Paint it with some wrinkle black and rub the paint off the HONDA with some sand paper and a knife.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make sure you block off all the holes. Cleaning paint out of threads is a b***h.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you jus using regular high temp engine paint?
you should look for some textured paint...would look way better...

hondatunerz2002

5+ Year Member
thanks for the comments yea , my ej8 was in desperate need for some love ...im going to degrease all my D16 engine and clean it up and im also painting my Heat shield black as well, but im not sure how to take it off i now theres like 3 bolts which are easy to take off but the thing im not really certain on is the sensor. my friend told me there is an oxygen sensor of some sort not sure on what it is? any help? but yea its coming out nicely i just got done putting my first light coat of paint on it and bout to put my second on right now. but yea its doing good ill post a Diy if anyone needs help with this project let me now... anyways talk to you guys later i appreciate all the help and support ---later

Anthony

ryanM

hondatunerz2002 said:
thanks for the comments yea , my ej8 was in desperate need for some love ...im going to degrease all my D16 engine and clean it up and im also painting my Heat shield black as well, but im not sure how to take it off i now theres like 3 bolts which are easy to take off but the thing im not really certain on is the sensor. my friend told me there is an oxygen sensor of some sort not sure on what it is? any help? but yea its coming out nicely i just got done putting my first light coat of paint on it and bout to put my second on right now. but yea its doing good ill post a Diy if anyone needs help with this project let me now... anyways talk to you guys later i appreciate all the help and support ---later

Anthony
take off the 3 bolts and your heat shield should come off no problem, theres no o2 sensor to worry about, its on the bottom of the car where your header joins into 1 pipe right before the cat.

hondatunerz2002

5+ Year Member
oh cool , ill try it see if it comes out. thanks man- but yea hey i gots some newer pics of my Valve cover still have to add a-nother coat of paint but here it is so far to cover the letter's i didnt have vasoline but i just masked them off . but anyways its coming out nicely check it out tell me watsup ill keep u guys updated for sure. ---later

-Anthony-

xNOBOOSTx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its lookin good man another coat and you'll be set. and i like the black to thats what im doing mine in.

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Phantom Civic said:
Paint it with some wrinkle black and rub the paint off the HONDA with some sand paper and a knife.
just pust some vaceline sp? on the letters so it wont stick on the HONDA badge.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
take off the 3 bolts and your heat shield should come off no problem, theres no o2 sensor to worry about, its on the bottom of the car where your header joins into 1 pipe right before the cat.
there is too an o2 sensor there...there are two of them...one on the manifold and one by the cat

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
not bad man, post pics of the finished product and on your engine too, i just bought a 95 SI valve cover for $20, it comes in a black color with the word "VTEC" instead of "honda" they are way sick

hondatunerz2002

5+ Year Member
hey watsup guys heres my finished product -comments . thanks everyone for all yo help, and support

heres an engine pic:BEFORE:

AFTER:

>` still not finished im still going to paint my heat shield and im going to my local import shop tomarrow to get an intake. and i bought a type R shift boot today looks awesome! well ill keep u guys updateed---thanks

later--

-Anthony-

ryanM

chadi said:
there is too an o2 sensor there...there are two of them...one on the manifold and one by the cat
my bad, its the 99-00 manifold that doesnt have it. or at least thats my guess since i dont have one there. i dont see the point in having 2 oxygen sensors like a foot away from each other, and both before the cat...