im sav'n money at the pumps

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AliasNeo said:
haha lucky i get in the teens... cause im runnin rich for some reason. all i did was put a header on and i started shooting black smoke not excessive ammounts but enough to cover the back of the car...
Its either your wires, or your coil that is causing that problem. Get some new wires first, then if that doesn't work, you might as well get a whole new distributor. If you really feel like just replacing the coil, hit me up, I can tell you how.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you mean to tell me you pull 50 out of a f**kin EX ... thats crazy

most ive ever got in my integra was 37 and that was doin like 50 and drivin hella slow everywhere ... smashin it gets like 30 if its all highway

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Scorchsta said:
I get anywhere from 180-400 miles per tank depending on how I drive.
98 LX Sedan with Platinum+4 plugs.
you'd prob get better mpg if you ditched the shitnum +4 oe ngk's will perform far better

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
you'd prob get better mpg if you ditched the shitnum +4 oe ngk's will perform far better
:werd:

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
Really? Why's that? (Just curious, not disagreeing with you)

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Scorchsta said:
Really? Why's that? (Just curious, not disagreeing with you)
the platinums are more just a gimick to be honest which unfortuneately (sp?) you fell for the make it seem like just because its platinum that it will contact better, when i was younger i tried them in a motorcycle and learned my lesson quick because one fouled w/in two weeks luckily it was an inner cylinder (outters are a pain on bikes) and soon after that those fouled again, notice that you normally don't change a factory plug untill maybe 50k right?? then tell me why those plugs take so long to foul where the plats foul out ALL THE TIME, not to mention you'll save money i noticed once i put the factory's back in it ran ALOT better than w/ the plats

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I haven't had a problem yet but that doesn't mean I won't. But thanks for the tip. If/when these mess up I'll be sure to get some NGK's. I got those Plats before I came to CC so thanks again ;).

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha yea i meant per tank..i havent done ani big internal mods or anithing..just basically td04 turbo set up with 255lph fuel pump..o yea ngk spark plugs and ngk plug wires too.if that makes ani difference, .the motor is a HX motor..it got 38-42 mpg when i got it..but yea..i did a typo by putting mpg =)

StanghaterCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how in the hell r u guys gettin 400 miles 2 tank of gas............im lucky if i get 270 and ive got a stock Dx hatch

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont really drive hard..i drive from tacoma to seattle..about 40 min drive almost everiday in washington's ever changing weather..i guess if you just dont launch or high rev..u should be fine..had to buy a tank just now at 340 =(

tricked_civic

5+ Year Member
well i can honestly say i am burning 8 gallons of gas with about 246 miles and my car only has a 10 gallon tank, so not sure how everyone else is getting 400 miles to a tank of gas unless it is all highway, my car is only driven in the city

Tek-C