im sav'n money at the pumps

mint

Club Civic Sanny!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
um i get about 200miles out a tank :'( i got like 220 with my last civic's!

Lessen

Stop staring at my car!
5+ Year Member
do superchargers have the same effect on gas mileage as turbo's?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think..maybe not as much but the more air..the more gas....air/fuel??

Deadhead

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lessen said:
do superchargers have the same effect on gas mileage as turbo's?
ok, what does a turbo do? and what does a superchager do?

they both forms of forced induction.

they are the same thing, just one is driven by your exhaust, and the other is driven by a belt.

Seruy

5+ Year Member
Deadhead said:

they are the same thing, just one is driven by your exhaust, and the other is driven by a belt.
Actually if you would keep off the high revs with a turbo it would be better for the gas mileage. With a SC at low revs, you loose power and engine is working harder to spin that SC - loosing the precious gas mileage. Hope that makes sense.

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got about 380 on my last tank. I usually dont get below 36 mpg and some is highway and some is stop and go in the morning on the way to school. Gotta love the d17a2 for mileage but thats about all its good for.

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
see this is what pisses me off about my b16 crx...I'm only able to put 200 miles per tank. I know something isnt right...going to have to do some more troublehsooting :(

Dr.Anus

proctologist
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Heh, that's why I love nitrous. Power when you want it, great gas mileage when you don't.

-I only have to spend $35 a month to fill the tank and put 93 octane in everytime.... wait a minute... :cry:

Brian Spilner

Banned
Deadhead said:

i dono, you would think since the super charger is actually using more parts to move it it would use more gas..
exhaust is coming out either way you look at it ...a supercharger requires more moving parts to force air in.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just gassed up the other day again.

285.3 miles clocked
9.642 gallons into my 11.7 gallon capacity tank (that's how much it is if I remember correctly..)
$2.813 a gallon
Cost me a total of $27.18.

Last tank made me average about 304 miles per tank if I used the whole tank (that's about 26 miles per gallon) and this one made me average about 346 miles out of the tank if I used the whole tank (that's about 30 miles per gallon). =)

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm...on my ex i usually get about 270-285 with 8.9-9 gallons city...best so far is 37mpg highway.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh yeah... and my car has a stock D16Y8 with an AEM SRI. It's 4 degree retarded and has a slipping tranny (ISB).

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow i was mad i only got 320 one time highway mostly, some city and 340 second highway and i was mad. 11.9 tank filled both times think i could have gone more miles like 20 or so more but didnt' want to risk running out on the side of the highway. i feel much better now