I'm screwed!

simpsonbuck3436

Efficiency Junkie
5+ Year Member
I have my headlights out all sanded down ready to go. I put down my first coat of krylon fusion and everything is cool. Second coat time, the can starts spitting paint and then becomes completely clogged.

Before I can clean the tip it flies off and paint spews all over my clothes, garage, etc...

I'll be calling Krylon's corporate office tomorrow. I've never had this happen with spray paint.

I have to get this done tonight. My car is immobilized and all I have is duplicolor engine enamel. 1 can of engine primer and 1 can of semi-gloss.

Can I use this since this is gonna be my only option. I've tried calling friends and no answer. I'm stuck.

This has to be done tonight since I have to work at noon. I refuse to take these damn headlights off again. I will stay up all night if I have to.

What can I do? Only other thing I have is this(see link) but I only have plastic primer.

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/oem/cn/chi/products/super_acrylic_controls_rust/

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't worry bro, its not the end of the world.

You would have been fine with 94 cent wal-mart spray cans.

Just use the paint that you have, it'll be fine.

khoakers

Ugly Asian Bastard
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
walmart. open 24 hours. sells spray paint. i sure hope you have another car sitting around at nearly 2 in the morning.

zaki97civic

Don't Judge Me
5+ Year Member
i just came from walmart, and it was dead as hell, spent two hours in there for nothing, damm walmart so evil, but yah just go there you will be fine with regular can.

dj_cronic_metal

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hate walmart and I work there.... any paint should do. Main thing you want though if possible is something thats resistant to heat. I got some engine enamel spray paint for mine when I do them.

BlownGasket

Civic From Hell
5+ Year Member
itl be fine. dont worry. but try to clean off the spray nozzle if you are going to jus tleave the can sitting there.