im thinkin about trading my hatch for a crx

jordanp

poser
5+ Year Member
im thinkin about trading my hatch for a crx... the crx is nasty primered, on ground controls, with an ugly six hole "racing bumper" but its got a dohc zc motor that runs "o.k." because hes using an obd1 dizzy when it needs an obdo i guess.... i will be keeping my new si wheels as i just put new rubber on em yesterday.... lemme see if i can find the link http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/446497970.html what do you guys think... my hatch is a salvaged title, with a stock d16ad that has bad rings( smokey little bastard) but has exhaust, bilstein struts gc adjustable perches" coilovers" straight trade or what?

90_EF9_VTEC

JDM D15B
5+ Year Member
do it =P i traded my hatch for a crx and im happier with the CRX

jordanp

poser
5+ Year Member
thats about how im feelin... plus for some reason my wife thinks the hatch is hella ugly but she thinks crxs are sexy.... i have to involve her in my projects since we share finances ya know? to a limit though... she likes big ass body kits, and shiny stuff... im not into that.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kinda of off topic, Did you ever get the camber kit installed? Oh yeah since I like 4th gen hatches better then rx's i wouldnt trade.

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i like crx's but im partial to hatches cause i have one lol...
if you like the crx more then go for it

jordanp

poser
5+ Year Member
im just sketched cuz its a dohc zc and doesnt quite run right because of an obd1 dizzy... sounds a little fishy to me... and no i have not installed the camber kit yet... apparantly the front of the 4th gens needs to have ball joints pressed out and replaced to use a camber kit on them... so ill figure that out when its time on the crx if i get it..;. if not ill find a way to do it on the hatch cuz i just bought new tires that i dont want to kill.

Mortvos

5+ Year Member
im just sketched cuz its a dohc zc and doesnt quite run right because of an obd1 dizzy... sounds a little fishy to me... and no i have not installed the camber kit yet... apparantly the front of the 4th gens needs to have ball joints pressed out and replaced to use a camber kit on them... so ill figure that out when its time on the crx if i get it..;. if not ill find a way to do it on the hatch cuz i just bought new tires that i dont want to kill.
DON'T DO IT MAN!!! lol.. :shocked2:

Blackep925

5+ Year Member

hey ur from NCT huh? i have an OBD0 dizzy if u wanna get it from me..it's off my 89 crx SI

jordanp

poser
5+ Year Member
yeah, thought i recognized ur user name... the guy is sposed to call me soon to meet up at the mall in san ramon... if i get it i might want that dizzy. i was going to grab one from pick n pull otherwise...

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe that camber kit utilizes the upper controlarm bushings which dont need to be pressed out. Little helpfull info for you. If you decide not to use them let me know. I'll gladly buy them off of you.

jordanp

poser
5+ Year Member
oh, good info... i will use them though...i plan on putting the crx on the ground, and if i keep my hatch ill drop it another half inch or so now that i have smaller tires.

Blackep925

5+ Year Member
yeah, thought i recognized ur user name... the guy is sposed to call me soon to meet up at the mall in san ramon... if i get it i might want that dizzy. i was going to grab one from pick n pull otherwise...
yeah bro just let me knw

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had the same choice between a crx and a hatch. i traded my hatch for the crx and was happy...for a lil bit then i bought my hatch back and kept the crx.

h22_ek

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i got a 1st gen crx wit probably 1500 including the price of the car lol its a 1986 crx si wit a t3 turbo pushing bout 8psi and i also got a 2000 hatch wit a h22 motor with probably 20000 invested they are both blasts to drive and most of the money in the hatch is type r gooodies i get looks in both but i guess if i was u to choose i would blue book them and keep the most expensive one lol

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the wife likes CRX's better and she likes body kits and shiny wheels.

obviously.....keep the hatch, please.

jordanp

poser
5+ Year Member
the wife likes CRX's better and she likes body kits and shiny wheels.

obviously.....keep the hatch, please.
yeah, i dont do body kits... i try to keep my cars looking clean and stock... thats what i meant when i said im not into that stuff... the crx would stay on si wheels, and all i would do is paint it a solid color and call it good w/ maybe a lip.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I say hatch. If you want a crx, and a 2 seater doesnt effect you, then strip the rear of your hatch. Now your just as light, if not lighter than the crx. It's the same engine bay, you can put the same motors in. I guess in your case its just more of a exterior looks thing. Both cars have the same potential in my eyes. I like the looks of hatches more though.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the one that weighs the least..

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I say hatch. If you want a crx, and a 2 seater doesnt effect you, then strip the rear of your hatch. Now your just as light, if not lighter than the crx.
thats ignorance. and just not true. the crx is always lighter....its a fact. that doesn't change my vote though.