im thinkin about trading my hatch for a crx

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats ignorance. and just not true. the crx is always lighter....its a fact. that doesn't change my vote though.
in that case i would go with the crx.
i COULD just look for the curbweigh
specs and find out for myself, but im
too lazy. but, anywho. i would
go with the lighter car.
thats just me tho. ;)

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
in that case i would go with the crx.
i COULD just look for the curbweigh
specs and find out for myself, but im
too lazy. but, anywho. i would
go with the lighter car.
thats just me tho. ;)
curb weights are curb weights. im talking from actual experience comparing two Sis two DXs and repeatedly

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
because i've seen them and then weighed SEVERAL cars and none of them are even close.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
because i've seen them and then weighed SEVERAL cars and none of them are even close.
ok.

well, i weighed my car and it weighs the same as the what the honda said it was going to weigh.
i got nothing agains curb weigh readings, i find them very helpfull.

jordanp

poser
5+ Year Member
I went to see the car today, and was thoroughly dissappointed in the condition of the swap... dist. wires cut and twisted back together with electrical tape... the cps was not there, hence the "extra" two wires and the plug on the exhaust side of the head. so after seeing all this( with no filter or tube attached to the throttlebody) he starts the car up very violently and i can see the rear mount is probably not attached because the motor is swinging pretty hard. i still almost wante dto trade just because the motor looked good, and i was pretty sure that it could end up being worth my time seeing as i bought the hatch for 400 and have put about 400 into it, and the rex was a clean title, while mine is slvaged... the car actually had a jdm front end... but it was all jacked up and attached with screws straight to the bumper, and cut roughly on the sides to have it fit better. the radiator support was all bent back into place... i put an obd0 dizzy on it, and it wouldnt run, so i put the obd1 dizzy back on there w/ the cps wires bridged... got it running pretty rough, and decided to drive it down the block. clutch was all f**ked up, if you put the pedal all the way to the floor it would engage the transmission... you have to go a few inches, and shift, and if you go past that few inches like i said it wont let you in the gearbox... then i let go of the wheel and it threw itself to the right pretty hard, so i think that strut was blown or quite possibly some part of the front assembly was bent... i got back to dudes house and texted him alll the things that were f**ked up ( he was deaf by the way, everything that was said was through his text only cell phone!) and that i wasnt interested... he then offered to pay for the towing and give me a hundred bucks to take it ( and still trade my good running si hatch) i declined... maybe I just need to start saving for a cheap ls swap! and fully invest myself into this si project... hmmmm. i really miss my 92 gsr though :(

jordanp

poser
5+ Year Member
oh yeah and he was using a pr4 ecu from a92 ls... should have been a 89 teg ecu i think...

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea keep the hatch....just swap motors in the hatch to something better than that d16a6....go DOHC

jordanp

poser
5+ Year Member
ive got issues

now, i had this guy call me with a 91 teg... im going to look at it tonight... it needs a clutch, and a drivers side axle very soon. jdm stanley one piece headlights, gc coilovers in front on tokicos, but stock in the back... 196,00 0 miles... runs strong with no smoke, but the clutch is slipping bad enough that he suggests towing it home( he has free towing) i may just do it... ive got three other dd's anyway so if it sits for a while its not that big of a deal...

jordanp

poser
5+ Year Member
no longer do i belong in the 4th gen section :( but i gots me another DA9 !=) ill post some pics later... il still be hangin out here though if its alright w/ you guys... ill buy another hatch in a year or so!