Improvements to my 95 civic

Daddyydex

Hey guys I have a 95 civic ex v-tec with 276,000 miles automatic. What Improvemts can I make to increase performance I have a intake I did timing belt rebuilt the head change piston seals
Wen I'm racing my boy feels like cars is pushing hard to go faster like somthn is holding it back from smoothly getting to a higher speed is it just cause its old n has alot of miles? Also why does it suck going up hills?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's an automatic, 1.6 SOHC vtec with nearly 300k on it?
It started out with 125hp or so to the crank to begin with, do you really expect it to throw you back in your seat anyway?

Daddyydex

Dnt expect it to throw me back but I wana know is there anythn I can do to improve it runs strong and I get some good play with it. Like if I'm at 50 or 60 n I'm pressing pedal to go faster it takes a while and I hear engine getting louder like is that normal or is there somethn holding it back

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats alot of miles...best bet is getting a new engine that has a lot more life in it...

Daddyydex

So do an engine swap. Ok. So where would u recommend getting an engine? I dnt wana get a engine that says its has 140 n it's a piece of crap! N with a newer engine to I get a newer tranny too or keep one I have? N I know I'll have to get new valves and seals

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay you can swap any engine you want pretty much.. D15,D16,B16,B18,B20 Etc.... easiest engine would be the same one you have in it already...that way all u need is the engine which should have a tranny still bolted on but dnt take my word for it ..look on CL people are always trying to get rid of there D or they crashed and the front end is all banged up but the engine is perfect...you can try the junk yard plenty should be there..or ask around up here...while your at it...it might be a good idea to make your car manual if you plan on doing any major overhauling in the future..automatics are not meant to handle power...(fastest was to be a** out of a car)..but if u do convert to manual u have to get all the required part here's a link:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=157624&highlight=auto+to+manual

But do some homework before you decide what you want to do...or just save up and get another car.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have a 1.5 vtec thats automatic and high miles. your lucky to make 100hp anymore. those modifications did nothing. you need to swap and convert to manual. you have problems going on

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Feels like something is holding it back? That would be the automatic. Civics are slow to begin with, but the automatics are gutless pigs. The car was made for GAS MILEAGE, not performance. The high miles on the clock don't help much either.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
I love redlining 1st gear n slamming into 2nd and readline then slam into 3rd and realize I'm only going 40mph
Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So where would u recommend getting an engine? I dnt wana get a engine that says its has 140 n it's a piece of crap! N with a newer engine to I get a newer tranny too or keep one I have? N I know I'll have to get new valves and seals

Really how much more info do you need spoonfed to you?
Have you done any actual research, looked around?
Junkyards, Honda forums classifieds, craigslist, eBay, Hmotorsonline.com.....

You claim you did this work:
I did timing belt rebuilt the head change piston seals
and you can't figure out why your stock automatic Civic w/nearly 300k is dogging out?
:idea:

Daddyydex

Thanks guys really appreciate ya help ima just ride out till 300,000 and then do a swAp. N I'll def convert it manual So I said. Check junk yard for engine with a tranny right?

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea just ask.. make sure u get it looked at and if they offer a warranty thats good...just call around and see whats out there...the best thng u can do as of now is research..every engine,tranny,car etc...find out what u want out of ur car...like power, reliability, is it gonna be a DD or are u gonna let it sit and just build it...just follow other members builds it helps alot..gives you a idea of what its like and what the outcome can be if you do it right and if u dnt do it wrong.

Daddyydex

Thanks alot I appreciate the info ima planning on buyn a car from dealer maybe a Si but if got be a civic. My 95 I wana be my experiment so I wana def hook it up right so it lost long cuz my wife is going to have the new whip Like people tell me damn u still got this car n I'm like yea I put mad love into it and I gota get to work!! Like my boy had a nice eclipse and he sold it like a idiot the dude he sold it to sent him some pics like 3 months later saying look what I did to ya car. Made it a stick hook it up crazy